FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013-15 77W / 777-300ER First award seat disruptions and downgrades (consolidated)
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:47 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by danosu77
What a thread! What seems odd is that we posted on here about wanting F. The advice was to jump ship, but OP decided against it. OP worries like crazy because this is a special trip and wants this particular flight. AA calls to work the O/S. Still is not proactive and get rebooked on an important trip where F is important to him. Then gets offed J or F on another flight. I am SURE that AA would have rebooked him on IB rather than BA for his connection. He passes up F because his wife wants WiFi? Seriously? Some of this agony seems self inflicted. I do like how we all rallied behind an anonymous stranger, because we ALL know that it could have been one of us.
Great post!
Even my employer would probably not expect me (or any other employee) to work on this eastbound TATL flight (in fact, the expectation is that you sleep in order to be refreshed at the destination.)
So, Wifi is useless.
(On the westbound, maybe...)