Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: EC261 / EC 261/2004 complaints, compensation and AA (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please see the current thread here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: EC261 / EC 261/2004 complaints, compensation and AA (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:41 pm

The LHR-LIN segment should qualify assuming all ticketing and check in requirements were met after they were rebooked. It is an EU flight operated by an EU carrier.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AndyAA
The LHR-LIN segment should qualify assuming all ticketing and check in requirements were met after they were rebooked. It is an EU flight operated by an EU carrier.
The AZ247 flight arrived only 39 minutes behind schedule from information provided by poster. AZ247 has a schedule time of arrival of 22:55 and , according to poster, arrived at 23:34

This is well short of the minimum 3 hours required for delay compensation
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by AndyAA

You've identified the reason for my question, which is the inclusion of the intra-EU flight. But...

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The AZ247 flight arrived only 39 minutes behind schedule from information provided by poster. AZ247 has a schedule time of arrival of 22:55 and , according to poster, arrived at 23:34

This is well short of the minimum 3 hours required for delay compensation
As Dave notes, the intra-EU flight was actually only slightly delayed -- only 39 minutes. So although their total trip was delayed a total of 5.5 hrs, the covered flight's responsible portion falls significantly short. I think Dave is correct here (although I wish he weren't!)

Thx folks, for talking this through with me.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by ramalama8
You've identified the reason for my question, which is the inclusion of the intra-EU flight. But...[/LEFT]

As Dave notes, the intra-EU flight was actually only slightly delayed -- only 39 minutes. So although their total trip was delayed a total of 5.5 hrs, the covered flight's responsible portion falls significantly short. I think Dave is correct here (although I wish he weren't!)

Thx folks, for talking this through with me.
Only the intra EU flight was in scope of the regulation ; the delay for EC261 is only based on scheduled time of the intr EU flight and actual time departure/arrival of that flight - which was 39 minutes
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
26 Mar CMB(QR)DOH(QR)FCO(AA)ORD on a single ticket in V class on 001 ticket.

QR flights on time. Email and SMS sent by AA while on last QR flight indicating FCO-ORD cancelled.
Rescheduled FCO-CLT-ORD with arrival in ORD about 5 hours late.

Will post when I get a reply from AA.

It will be interesting to see if AA will explain why the FCO-DFW flight was not considered as I arrived in time to connect......
And I might have arrived in ORD "early"

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by wandering_fred

It will be interesting to see if AA will explain why the FCO-DFW flight was not considered as I arrived in time to connect......
And I might have arrived in ORD "early"
Did you check whether there was space on that flight and if so did you ask for that routing? If not, perhaps it was full.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Did you check whether there was space on that flight and if so did you ask for that routing? If not, perhaps it was full.
The check in agents requested that the passengers on the canceled flight 111 remove themselves from the scrum/queue which was the DFW check in and only contact on the ground. So it could have been full.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Depending on the reason for the original cancellation, it may not make any difference. If FCO-ORD was cancelled for an "extraordinary circumstance" there won't be any EC 261/2004 cancellation compensation due, no matter how long the arrival delay.

In this situation, no matter what requests are made by staff, I would both get in line and on the phone to AA and deal with the first agent I contact. Chances are with an entire flight to reschedule, some passengers were rebooked via DFW. Might as well be you if you are the squeaky turbine.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:00 pm

The AA EU claims email team responded within 12 hours to my application. The claim was accepted, although the alternative transportation voucher for AA ticketed flights within one year was 800 USD.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:03 pm

It only offered $65 more than the cash amount due, for you to take pretend money?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It only offered $65 more than the cash amount due, for you to take pretend money?
Correct. But then again the original ticket only cost me USD703 - CMB-DOH-FCO-ORD in V class. Opup CMB-DOH for free.

Also I got a prompt reply saying that within the USA AA only mails checks - that is bank transfers are not possible. So I guess I will give them the details for my Oz bank account.

Just wandering
Fred
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Correct. But then again the original ticket only cost me USD703 - CMB-DOH-FCO-ORD in V class. Opup CMB-DOH for free.
How much the ticket cost doesn't matter
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
EU Compensation: LHR-CLT Flight Cancelation

Quick search didn't turn anything up...

Flight 731 LHR-CLT departing on Monday, 4/23 was cancelled about eleven hours before departure. How does one explore EU compensation options with AA? Just call customer service and ask?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. What was the reason for the cancellation?
2. Was CLT your final ticketed destination for the ticket containing the LHR-CLT segment?
3. What was your scheduled time of arrival at the final ticketed destination, whether CLT or elsewhere?
4. At what time did your flight actually arrive at your final ticketed destination, whether CLT or elsewherre?

The actual claim is submitted to AA via its web portal, but it pays to have done the homework above first. If you provide the information above, you will get a lot of valuable information here.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Quick search didn't turn anything up...

Flight 731 LHR-CLT departing on Monday, 4/23 was cancelled about eleven hours before departure. How does one explore EU compensation options with AA? Just call customer service and ask?
Please start by reading the Wikipost at the top of the page. The email address for these claims is included.

We have merged your query into the existing master thread.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.