Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Awards book into P (First Class), U (Business Class) and X (Economy Class). Awards do not incur "YQ" fees; MH now seems to be releasing F award seats to AA (post #173).

Link to Malaysia Airlines website

Link to archived announcement of MH to join oneworld FT thread.
Print Wikipost

Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any idea/experiences whether EXPs (or other OW Emeralds) will be allowed access to the Platinum Suite section of MH's KUL Golden Lounge? Both the MH and OW websites don't say.

I have two trips booked on MH via KUL next month and I'm looking forward to flying them for the first time.

-FlyerBeek
Like GB I was there last week and will be there tomorrow night. I'll check about the Platinum Suite as I only walked straight in to the F Lounge.

Has anyone else noticed that they've taken the First Class lounge sign down ? I thought this was hilarious as they seemed to be directing ALL traffic in to the Business Lounge....Maybe they don't want any Emerald Oneworld members to know that they should go right instead of left.

FWIW the suites aren't that big anyway and there really don't seem to be a lot of people in the F lounge anyway. I'm sure the regular Golden lounge is just packed to the gills now !!!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I was doing some random searches for MH awards from LHR/CDG/FRA-KUL and some days in April/MAY are showing 9 or more J seats for award. Looks like MH is the airline to fly if you need to transport larges groups in J
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by falconred
New Promo:

Double Miles on Malaysia Airlines

February 15, 2013 through April 15, 2013

From the small print: "Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on purchased, published First Class fares booked in A or F; Business Class fares booked in J, C, or D; Economy Class fares booked in Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, or S on Malaysia Airlines operated flights."
Has anyone contacted AAdvantage Customer Service regarding this... that "Z" class is missing? And yet, "Z" class shows as a legitimate discounted Business Class fare..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:16 pm

MH miles not posted yet.

CX and MH on the same day of flying, but MH miles have not been posted yet.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by merc1234
I was doing some random searches for MH awards from LHR/CDG/FRA-KUL and some days in April/MAY are showing 9 or more J seats for award. Looks like MH is the airline to fly if you need to transport larges groups in J
Were you searching using the BA Avios online tool or another tool?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
F seats availability using AA miles

Saw Mod's guidepost no longer mentioning MH F is not available using AA mile. Does that mean we can book MH F seats with AA miles now if inventories are available?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
guys.. need some advice... can you please tell me how long its taking to post MH miles? I am flying MH this friday MNL-KUL-BOM.. and have an award ticket on hold that expires on next Tuesday... do you think enough or should I go ahead and buy the 5000 odd miles I need?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galaticos
guys.. need some advice... can you please tell me how long its taking to post MH miles? I am flying MH this friday MNL-KUL-BOM.. and have an award ticket on hold that expires on next Tuesday... do you think enough or should I go ahead and buy the 5000 odd miles I need?
Well, I think the website says "allow 30 days..."

I took a flight on 6 Feb, and its still not credited to AAdvantage yet. So I'd say, wait a little bit longer...

I'd give it a month before I send in a manual credit.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Saw Mod's guidepost no longer mentioning MH F is not available using AA mile. Does that mean we can book MH F seats with AA miles now if inventories are available?
MH A380's F award inventory only showing up on their own website. It does not show up on BA's website even when the F award seat is available.

I'd say that MH has restricted F award inventory to Oneworld members other than their own and current FFP partners like VS and (maybe) DL.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
MH A380's F award inventory only showing up on their own website. It does not show up on BA's website even when the F award seat is available.

I'd say that MH has restricted F award inventory to Oneworld members other than their own and current FFP partners like VS and (maybe) DL.
DL does not let their members redeem for international F on any carrier.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Has anyone contacted AAdvantage Customer Service regarding this... that "Z" class is missing? And yet, "Z" class shows as a legitimate discounted Business Class fare..
I can see "Z" class as eligible fare class for earning miles, so the DRDM promo definitely should apply:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...iaairlines.jsp. I guess they just forgot it in the release.

Booked into exactly that one for an upcoming CDG-KUL-HKT trip at a really nice price, which is a good deal even without the double miles promo.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Must say AA/1W has Asia pretty well covered. When I first started getting into FFP, AA partnered only with CX and GF. Now it has pretty good coverage.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by galaticos
I've taken 4 trips starting Feb 1st and NONE of them have credited to my AA account yet...The way MH works I'll be surprised they'll be in my account within 30 days.

At least I'm getting 125% plus the extra 100% elite bonus instead of MH's 150% redeemable miles only !!!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mathman88
Were you searching using the BA Avios online tool or another tool?
BA.com and BA through KVS

When you try to search for F on an MH route and it shows as economy, the text under the flight number says, "Only 4 reward flight seat(s) left in this class". I noticed this matches the actual F availability shown on enrich site.I guess BA is able to see the F space, but MH told them to block it.

Last edited by merc1234; Feb 14, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by merc1234
BA.com and BA through KVS

When you try to search for F on an MH route and it shows as economy, the text under the flight number says, "Only 4 reward flight seat(s) left in this class". I noticed this matches the actual F availability shown on enrich site.I guess BA is able to see the F space, but MH told them to block it.
I think MH just restricts OW availability in F.

BA site showing only Y space when J is available if you're requesting for F space. But when you ask for J space availability, J will show up.

Some other MH's partners like VS Flying Club can book F class award space no problem as I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.