Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
There's going to be an AC in T5 as well though, right?
I expect that there will be; however, I doubt that it will be anywhere nearly as large as the present Delta Sky Club or even what's left of the AC in T4.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
How long is this supposed to go on?

The thread Wiki says that construction started on June 16, 2016. So, as of now, it's been almost 11 months, almost an entire year,

Eleven months that LAX-based Admirals Club members have been inconvenienced as they fly in and out of their home airport. Eleven months that visitors have been inconvenienced. Eleven months out of the twelve-month membership year that AC members have paid full price. I am not an AC member, but if I were I would feel really ripped off. As it is, I get in with day passes from Business Extra. I feel somewhat ripped off, even if my day passes are free-to-me.

The AA website says:

"In spring 2017, we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers."

How do they define "spring 2017"? We are well into Spring 2017, and apparently they are no where near completion.

Maybe I'm just being a grouch, but this is far from the "oasis of calm" they advertise for their members.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:22 am
Suspended

LAX T4 Club closed May 18-19 for construction.
Members can still "check in" at the table by the entrance for a $10 credit to Dunkin Donuts. International F Lounge will be open for eligible pax
Old May 19, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
LAX T4 Club closed May 18-19 for construction.
Members can still "check in" at the table by the entrance for a $10 credit to Dunkin Donuts. International F Lounge will be open for eligible pax
When I read this post, I had to check my calendar to make sure today was not April Fool's Day.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I feel completely ripped off. LAX is my home base.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
I feel completely ripped off. LAX is my home base.
Welcome to the club - I feel the same @sfo where the UA clubs have each been under construction for years and it's not worth a 15m walk each way to utilize the alternatives. Such is the price of progress...

I certainly would never pay extra for any club, beyond my credit card annual fee...
Old May 19, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Coming in live from the T4 AC - it is open. Walked through T4 security and was going to go to Korean Air Lounge in TBIT but noticed nothing in front of AC so walked down and sure enough it is open.

Agree with sentiments in this thread - this AC couldnt be worse. Absolutely packed per usual - who knows when it opened today. I snickered when the agent who checked me in asked if I was going to get the executive card when Prestige loses access. Easy answer!
Old May 19, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Coming in live from the T4 AC - it is open. Walked through T4 security and was going to go to Korean Air Lounge in TBIT but noticed nothing in front of AC so walked down and sure enough it is open.

Agree with sentiments in this thread - this AC couldnt be worse. Absolutely packed per usual - who knows when it opened today. I snickered when the agent who checked me in asked if I was going to get the executive card when Prestige loses access. Easy answer!
I was going to call it a dump, but that would be nice. Reminds me of the AS AL at SEA in terminal D.

This is not a way to show yourself off to someone shopping for a new airline to fly with. I will keep looking. Based on this I am expecting less than zero in J LAX-SYD tonight.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by BOB W
I was going to call it a dump, but that would be nice. Reminds me of the AS AL at SEA in terminal D.

This is not a way to show yourself off to someone shopping for a new airline to fly with. I will keep looking. Based on this I am expecting less than zero in J LAX-SYD tonight.
Walk over to the QF lounge. You still have plenty of time and don't have to deal with the renovation.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Walk over to the QF lounge. You still have plenty of time and don't have to deal with the renovation.
Where is that? Less than 50 minutes to boarding.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
Where is that? Less than 50 minutes to boarding.
Too late now but it's in the TBIT. A short walk with the connector. Takes less than 5 minutes.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Morning Visit, May 25

Had 1.5-hour layover at LAX, about 7:30am-9:00am. Heard about the AC in T4 being crowded, so trekked over to the United Club in T7. Grazed on fresh fruit, greek yogurt, lemon poppyseed bread and granola. Accompanied by Mionetto Prosecco, which is complimentary inside United Clubs but will set you back $14 PER GLASS at the AC.

On the way to gate 42, could not resist a stop inside the AC at T4. It makes any club at EWR look deserted. Not one seat available. While checking in, the woman ahead of me was handed a pass to the Flagship Lounge while the agent said "it's over there; you won't want to go inside the AC.....very crowded".

On the elevator back down to the concourse, two passengers commented that the airport gate area is more peaceful than the AC.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm optimistic it'll be a nice club when renovations are finished.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
I'm optimistic it'll be a nice club when renovations are finished.
That is my thoughts as well. Everyone is complaining that AA is trying to make the club nicer. I'm sure once complete it will be just as nice of a place to graze on mediocre food.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just a quick status update. Currently the AC has only 3 shower stalls. I arrived on a Tuesday at noon and was greeted with a long wait (I was told >2 hours). Happened the week before as well. I was able to use it this past Friday morning though, where I was #2 on the list. Be aware they do not use pagers. Instead, they will announce your name. There are no speakers in the bar area so it's easy to miss your name.

I was told by @AmericanAir on twitter more showers are opening mid-June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.