Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Shower/Lounge DFW - International First Class, AA Gold, United Club Member...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Is there a lounge or anywhere to shower at DFW? I am arriving at DFW at 12:30 PM and do not depart until 9:30 AM. I know most lounges don't open till 5 or 6 AM.

My questions is can I use the AA lounge if I am traveling on an international first class ticket? I am also AA Gold if that matters for anything.

If I can't use the AA lounge without paying $50, does the United/Continental lounge have showers available?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old May 20, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jackpaper
Is there a lounge or anywhere to shower at DFW? I am arriving at DFW at 12:30 PM and do not depart until 9:30 AM. I know most lounges don't open till 5 or 6 AM.
There are no overnight/24-hour lounges at DFW. Not sure if you will be kicked out of airside in the wee hours of the night. Some airports/terminals do; others don't. I'll let one of the DFW experts answer that one.

My questions is can I use the AA lounge if I am traveling on an international first class ticket?
Which airline? If you are flying on AA metal in First Class to/from/through Europe, Asia, or South America, then you will have access to AA's Admirals Club lounges on the day of travel (or while connecting, as long as no stopovers).

I am also AA Gold if that matters for anything.
It doesn't.

If I can't use the AA lounge without paying $50, does the United/Continental lounge have showers available?
Never been to that lounge, sorry. But I am sure you can find the info on the website.
Old May 20, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
https://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=...obileUAFlag=AA

Has info about all of the lounges and entry requirements
Old May 20, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
For staying overnight, try Sleeping in Airports.

If you get Admirals Club access, try the showers in the terminal A AC. You can pay me for this advice later, after your shower.
Old May 20, 2012, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Great. Thanks!
Old May 20, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by jackpaper
Is there a lounge or anywhere to shower at DFW? I am arriving at DFW at 12:30 PM and do not depart until 9:30 AM.
Did you mean 12:30 am perhaps?

If so, you have 9 hrs, I'd check the rates at the Hyatts - which are connected by AirTrain to the DFW terminals.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Did you mean 12:30 am perhaps?

If so, you have 9 hrs, I'd check the rates at the Hyatts - which are connected by AirTrain to the DFW terminals.
+1. With that long a layover (whether am or pm), I would definitely recommend looking into a room at the Grand Hyatt which is in terminal D
Old May 21, 2012, 1:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by gemac
If you get Admirals Club access, try the showers in the terminal A AC. You can pay me for this advice later, after your shower.
If you hadn't already given this advice, I would have. Best showers I've ever used. Almost makes up for the lack of FL facilities.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA, DL Gold, ANA Plat
Ah, yes. AC Terminal A showers. Affectionately know as the Carwash.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:41 am

If you're arriving at 12:30 PM and not departing until 9:30 AM the next day, I'd definitely recommend getting a room. I have a friend who regularly gets 4* hotels on Priceline in the DFW North area bidding around $47 (total with taxes and fees is generally $60). She generally gets the Hyatt Regency DFW
(located inside the airport) or the Westin DFW (near the airport, free shuttle).
Old May 21, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by dogcanyon
If you're arriving at 12:30 PM and not departing until 9:30 AM the next day, I'd definitely recommend getting a room. I have a friend who regularly gets 4* hotels on Priceline in the DFW North area bidding around $47 (total with taxes and fees is generally $60). She generally gets the Hyatt Regency DFW
(located inside the airport) or the Westin DFW (near the airport, free shuttle).
+1 on this. I ALWAYS use Priceline to bid DFW North, and always get the hotel for under $50. Most of the time it's the Hyatt Regency, or the Westin - just like you noted here.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Microwave
If you hadn't already given this advice, I would have. Best showers I've ever used. Almost makes up for the lack of FL facilities.
Almost? On several occasions I've chosen to transit via DFW instead of ORD just for those showers, despite ORD's (mediocre, in my opinion) FL.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Almost? On several occasions I've chosen to transit via DFW instead of ORD just for those showers, despite ORD's (mediocre, in my opinion) FL.
I do the same when westbound out of LHR, since I have no interest in drinking after such a long flight but definitely need a shower... The other direction, I almost always go via ORD, JFK or occasionally LAX for the opposite reason. That said, I generally do enjoy a drink or three before my flights, and I much prefer the self-serve aspect of the FL.

As an aside, I actually quite like ORD's little FL, though it can get crammed at times and its location is horrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.