Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Success stories booking awards on Etihad using AA miles (Archive - 2015 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Awards: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles (>= 2015)

This thread is about our members' successful award bookings on Etihad / EY using AAdvantage miles. Please do not post to this thread if you want tips and assistance on booking Etihad awards with AA miles but see this thread: How to use AA miles on Etihad / EY (Consolidated / Master Thread). The wikipost of that thread also contains instructions on how to search for EY availability.

Note: posts prior to 2015 about this topic (with the exception of a few 2014 end of year posts brought forward for continuity) may be found at ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles
Print Wikipost

Success stories booking awards on Etihad using AA miles (Archive - 2015 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by ashap
Nice!! What dates?
Late October. Although I just read on the EY forum that the A380 may not be flying ex-SYD as often as I thought; hope there won't be any equipment swaps!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is it me or does it seem like EY has blocked alot of F awards in mid late December? Does anyone remember their release pattern last year? Obviously they want to sell the seats first and foremost but wanted to gauge to see how soon in advance they normally wait.
Yes they have blocked off F for most of the period that could be interpreted to be holiday travel. We had a little discussion about this back a ways on this thread or the other Etihad AA miles one. I booked some Christmas/NY travel in EY J back at the end of January, right at ~331 and it was like that; no F available from about 12/16-1/10. No one chimed in with any specifics on a known release schedule; I think it's gonna be wait and see.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Yes they have blocked off F for most of the period that could be interpreted to be holiday travel. We had a little discussion about this back a ways on this thread or the other Etihad AA miles one. I booked some Christmas/NY travel in EY J back at the end of January, right at ~331 and it was like that; no F available from about 12/16-1/10. No one chimed in with any specifics on a known release schedule; I think it's gonna be wait and see.
I'm seeing very spotty F availability on AUH-SYD-AUH from about 2/1/16 - 3/10/16!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:05 am

Awards: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles (>= 2015)

I'm also waiting for F availability the first week of January. Snagged J at 331 out, but would definitely love to upgrade!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: free agent
booked one-way AUH-SYD this Nov (grabbed one few months ago). Originally booked AUH-LHR but feel flight is too short and i could enjoy longer flight for additional 20k points..
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ashap
I'm also waiting for F availability the first week of January. Snagged J at 331 out, but would definitely love to upgrade!
Same - if / when those F seats are released, it's gonna be a sprint to book quickly! There's only so many F seats on only so many days. I have the feeling everyone, including myself, will be trying to grab Jan 2 or 3rd!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:38 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear iluvdoco,

Please be assured our team will keep you update, you will be able to see all flight information on our website should you need further assistance. http://bit.ly/1ifg8cN *GW
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:43 am

Dear arlflyer

Our team would be happy to look into this for you, kindly use this link to check all availability, we hope this helps http://bit.ly/1utCVW1 *GW
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:44 am

Dear ashap,

We hope we are able to accommodate this and you have a great flight with us!

Kind regards *GW
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:47 am

Dear washeelers747

We look forward to seeing you and hope you have a great flight!

Kind regards *GW
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just booked EY J with aadvantage miles for dfw-auh via IAD. Excited to fly the 789. 67500 miles and 7 bucks. Found availability via EY site then called AA
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear ashap,

We hope we are able to accommodate this and you have a great flight with us!

Kind regards *GW
Thanks, that's very kind of you to respond!! We are so excited to fly with etihad this winter!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just booked IAD-AUH-IAD in F for 2 pax on the 787 Dec 1-6
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Partner and I have IAD-AUH-SYD in F late October. Need seat assignments on the A380 AUH-SYD, but set otherwise. Wish assignments could be made online rather than having to go through the call center. Really looking forward to trying the suite on the 787 and apartment on the A380.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I know it is a pain to have to call, but if you ring the ticketing line and select First/Business in the phone tree, someone will answer in about 10 seconds and help you get seat assignments quickly. I'd have the seatguru page open, they explained to me when I was getting seat assignments for my family on the A380 apartments that pairs of apartments 1h/2h and 3k/4k and 3a/4a have a divider and if you are traveling in a party of 2 or more these are what you want. I can't wait to try the apartments out!

Originally Posted by DCtrAAveler
Partner and I have IAD-AUH-SYD in F late October. Need seat assignments on the A380 AUH-SYD, but set otherwise. Wish assignments could be made online rather than having to go through the call center. Really looking forward to trying the suite on the 787 and apartment on the A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.