Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Kudos / Props / Compliments to AA Employees

Please feel free to add your positive experiences or interaction with one or more AA employees.

Don't forget - you can express your appreciation in meaningful ways:

1. Go to aa.com, click on "Contact AA", "Customer Relations", and then "Compliment/Complaint/Comment", and fill out the form with date, flight number and as many details as you can. This will often input to employee records.

2. DM or Tweet @AmericanAir on Twitter. These comments are passed on to the employ, their supervisor and entered into employee records. See Using AA Twitter social media team: how, what, when (master thd)

3. You can, if you have them, give the employee an "Above and Beyond" chit - feedback and good for an entry into a sweepstakes for 25,000 miles; see Outstanding Service Excellence (Above and Beyond) Employee Recognition Certs / Chits.

NOTE: You can give them the chit or the 12 character serial to enter in Jetnet, to enter quarterly draws for up to $10,000. The certificates are not entered into employee's files at this time (as reported by employees) unlike letters and other communications regarding employee recognition.

4. If the service was truly noteworthy, why not send a "snail mail" to:

Kerry Hester Philipovitch
Senior Vice President of Customer Experience
American Airlines
4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76155
The previous, lengthy thread consolidating Kudos to American Airlines employees is here: ARCHIVE: Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA Employees (consolidated)
Updated 5 Aug 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Thank you AA

If you recall on Aug 5th, AA's system went down and you could not make, book or change reservations.

Well, I was able to make one seconds before the system went down. The status was "pending" and did not go to "ticketed". After the system came back up the next day, I called AA and they could not find my reservation. They advised me to rebook. I rebooked, for the same trip, just slightly different dates (+3 days).

To my surprise, I now have two reservations for the same trip. I called AA and they cancelled the original reservation without any fuss or difficulty or fees.
Just wanting to say that I appreciate an airline that applies common sense and puts the customer first. Thank you AA.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Thank you, Deltahater. I've always said that if you're going to complain (publicly or privately) when things go extraordinarily wrong, you have an obligation to praise when things go exceptionally right. Plenty o' complaining on FT, but a there's a bit less praise, IMO.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well understated.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Thank you, Deltahater. I've always said that if you're going to complain (publicly or privately) when things go extraordinarily wrong, you have an obligation to praise when things go exceptionally right. Plenty o' complaining on FT, but a there's a bit less praise, IMO.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
May have to rethink his name a bit then, e.g., Deltahaterninetyninepercentile.

Of course I kid but in this case it was the game he hated and not the playa'
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Agree & one of the reasons I keep loyal is I have found in many instances such as this (or one which can be settled by common sense), AA has been more than reasonable in solving an issue to my satisfaction.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
It's always nice to see a positive remark about our beloved AA. They've been under such scrutiny lately, that this positive is certainly welcomed.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Well, I think the posts here represent one reason so many AA customers oppose the merger. AA is far from perfect, and certainly can frustrate customers at times. But from what we know about the US management (and the UA management, for that matter), the current management and corporate culture at AA is more customer friendly than they would be if the merger goes through. (I really wanted to write "went through," putting the possibility in the past tense, but this game is by no means over.)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:06 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'll add last nights positive to this as well, especially as it started out as a negative.

FLL-DFW-SFO with a 50 minute connection. Got a text about 3 hours before that FLL-DFW would be 12 minutes lat. OK. 38 minutes. At the airport, the plane got in late, took longer to clean (passenger got sick, so not AA's fault). Kept rolling. Left 36 minutes late. Then a short weather hold. At take-off, we would arrive (A37) maybe 5 minutes before DFW-SFO (C14) left.

Got in a little earlier, called EXP desk to have them call DFW-SFO. Did the OJ airport thing using Skylink (held the door open for an extra 10 seconds for mrs. brp to run up the escalator. Made it from one plane onto the second in 8 minutes...as we approached, they said "slow down, we're holding it for you." We took about a 13 minute delay as they waited for others, some (mabe all) from the same flight.

Last flight out to SFO of the night. Really short delay, and about 8 or 9 happy campers.

Cheers.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brp
I'll add last nights positive to this as well, especially as it started out as a negative.

FLL-DFW-SFO with a 50 minute connection. Got a text about 3 hours before that FLL-DFW would be 12 minutes lat. OK. 38 minutes. At the airport, the plane got in late, took longer to clean (passenger got sick, so not AA's fault). Kept rolling. Left 36 minutes late. Then a short weather hold. At take-off, we would arrive (A37) maybe 5 minutes before DFW-SFO (C14) left.

Got in a little earlier, called EXP desk to have them call DFW-SFO. Did the OJ airport thing using Skylink (held the door open for an extra 10 seconds for mrs. brp to run up the escalator. Made it from one plane onto the second in 8 minutes...as we approached, they said "slow down, we're holding it for you." We took about a 13 minute delay as they waited for others, some (mabe all) from the same flight.

Last flight out to SFO of the night. Really short delay, and about 8 or 9 happy campers.

Cheers.
I had a similar experience a few weeks ago connecting to the last DFW-IAH of the day, which was delay due to T-storms in the area. Albeit, I was already on the plane when they decided to reattach the jet bridge to wait for other connecting pax so I may not have been the happiest camper on board. But either way, it was nice of 'em to do it. Kudos.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Even if one ends up labelled an AApologist, I agree.

I have several experiences that reassure me I've made the right decision choosing AA as my "always" airline. And since everyone I know flies AirCanada instead and since it's arite of Canadian citizenship to hate AirCanada, I'm a happy outlier.

AA is full of faults and it's healthy for us to expose them, discuss them and yes, moan about them. I've got my share of AA problems, still unresolved.

But one has to choose from the real choices available. AA's mine and I am confident I made the right one, on balance.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
I will have to say ... if AA's pain is the equivalent of getting slapped in the face at a bar ... then UA's pain is taking a knife and getting hit in the liver (making it hurt and not allowing me to drink more) ....

Had my first flight on AA in nearly 10 months and my god how I have even missed American (even Eagle) ....

So thank you for american for keeping it real ... I will try to make all my flying to the east coast on you guys and will suck it up on the 75mile drive each way-to-and-from the airport ....

Like the yogurt pretzels ... they go well with the bourbon .... though EWR AC needs an air 'freshner' :-) People that actually care and give a d*mn (or at least pretend)

+-ADT
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Originally Posted by yyzAAguy
... But one has to choose from the real choices available. AA's mine and I am confident I made the right one, on balance.
Well said. This actually goes for every airline.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by tegelad
I will have to say ... if AA's pain is the equivalent of getting slapped in the face at a bar ... then UA's pain is taking a knife and getting hit in the liver (making it hurt and not allowing me to drink more) ....
LOL! And true...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
This is exactly one of the reasons I continue flying with AA, even when UA has much better schedule from HI. Great customer service and common sense.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Somewhat related, used aa hotel site, redeemed miles for a hotel stay, was not pleased, aa came back and refunded me. Was very pleased due to aa response, not pleased with hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.