Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways / America West 757-2S7 ("B75H") to / from Hawai'i
Returning to Lessor mid-2018

This "West" or "Hawaii" (B75H) (ex-HP) aircraft is distinguished by offering 14 First class seats (2x2 across, 38" pitch, ~20" width reclining seats), 176 standard "Main Cabin" / economy seats (3x3 across, 32" pitch, 17" width) including 10? exit row seats designated Main Cabin Extra.

These aircraft are being retired from AA service and returned to their lessor and will be replaced by the Legacy U. S. Airways "East" (non-HP, US 757-2B7 / B57E with 12 "Envoy" angled flat 2 x 2 seats in First, 164 standard "Main Cabin" seats with 12 exit row seats designated MCE, beginning in April 2018. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

No power, no IFE; at least the LHP "West" 752s (like the LAA "Eisenhower" F seats) have no head rests.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Seat suggestions? 757-200 LIH-PHX (coach)

By the looks of the seat setup on AA's WEB site, my return flight appears to be a "former" US Air plane. Boeing 757-200 (752) V1

After reading this thread and coming to the realization that these planes are not the greatest - comfort wise, and never having been on one, I'm hoping to get some seat suggestions.

Right now I have 10a/10c for two of us. (hoping b will stay empty)
Other seats that appear to be decent that are available are 5b/5c, 9d/9e, 27b/27c and 27d/27e

Suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited by pkerr; Sep 4, 2015 at 10:55 am
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
There aren't "former US planes" until October 17, and the fleets of pmAA and pmUS will still be differentiated (and for a time largely assigned on the same routes ther fly now), from what we've been told.

We've moved and merged posts into this extant thread. In lieu of cross-posting, please ask moderators to move threads as necessary (the red-edged, white triangular sign with an exclamation point is a radio button that leads to a dialogue box to report a post, etc. to the forum moderators).

Thank you,

/Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Never mind.
Found it...
Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pkerr
By the looks of the seat setup on AA's WEB site, my return flight appears to be a "former" US Air plane. Boeing 757-200 (752) V1

After reading this thread and coming to the realization that these planes are not the greatest - comfort wise, and never having been on one, I'm hoping to get some seat suggestions.

Right now I have 10a/10c for two of us. (hoping b will stay empty)
Other seats that appear to be decent that are available are 5b/5c, 9d/9e, 27b/27c and 27d/27e

Suggestions?
Thanks

Nothing to going to change with these aircraft for at least a year, once the dust settles of the full merger. These are the oldest 757 in the US fleet and it shows it. Stay as close to the front of the plane as possible, for easy exit as you will want to get off these planes ASAP..
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Nothing to going to change with these aircraft for at least a year, once the dust settles of the full merger. These are the oldest 757 in the US fleet and it shows it. Stay as close to the front of the plane as possible, for easy exit as you will want to get off these planes ASAP..
Now THAT'S funny. So are there any seats that are less bad than others? As in the ones I mentioned?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? I had heard that the retirement of the US 757s from PHX-Hawai'i was to begin in the near future, to be replaced by AA 757s now that AA is flying A321s to Hawai'i from LAX.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Really? I had heard that the retirement of the US 757s from PHX-Hawai'i was to begin in the near future, to be replaced by AA 757s now that AA is flying A321s to Hawai'i from LAX.
Never said that the US 757 weren't going to retire, but I doubt it will happen as fast as other say. I don't think AA has started the A321 over water yet.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:26 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

So the longest over water route w/o alternatives is now served by either 25-30 yr old metal or a modded A321 with a special fuel "bladder" placed in what was originally designed to hold cargo
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Never said that the US 757 weren't going to retire, but I doubt it will happen as fast as other say. I don't think AA has started the A321 over water yet.
They have out of LAX, for example AA 297/298 is an AA A321 nowadays. I believe the plan is all A321 on LAX-Hawaii by sometime in November. While this would potentially allow a rapid pulldown of ex-HP 757s on PHX-Hawaii, AA is also retiring old 757s and 767s as new A321s and 787s arrive, so I would think this may somewhat stretch the time the former HP 757s have.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You posted "Nothing to going to change with these aircraft for at least a year," and I don't believe that's accurate.

AA is already flying 32H aircraft from LAX to HNL.

Originally Posted by phlwookie
They have out of LAX, for example AA 297/298 is an AA A321 nowadays. I believe the plan is all A321 on LAX-Hawaii by sometime in November. While this would potentially allow a rapid pulldown of ex-HP 757s on PHX-Hawaii, AA is also retiring old 757s and 767s as new A321s and 787s arrive, so I would think this may somewhat stretch the time the former HP 757s have.
I don't believe that AA has retired any of the AA Hawai'i ETOPs 757 subfleet, but I may be mistaken. The plan was to retire the older US Hawai'i PHX 757s and replace them with the somewhat newer AA 757s.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by 2Tall4Y
So the longest over water route w/o alternatives is now served by either 25-30 yr old metal or a modded A321 with a special fuel "bladder" placed in what was originally designed to hold cargo
I don't think that there were any plans to fly the ETOPS 321s from PHX to Hawaii. Just LAX to Hawaii. Which is now starting in that process.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I don't think that there were any plans to fly the ETOPS 321s from PHX to Hawaii. Just LAX to Hawaii. Which is now starting in that process.
I think the issue was whether AA, in using new planes from LAX to Hawaii, will use the formerly used aircraft to replace the older US 757's from PHX
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mvoight
I think the issue was whether AA, in using new planes from LAX to Hawaii, will use the formerly used aircraft to replace the older US 757's from PHX
AA will replace the HP 757's, with the AA 757 which is a step up, but not too sure why they don't just replace the two HNL flights with a single 767 flight.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA will replace the HP 757's, with the AA 757 which is a step up, but not too sure why they don't just replace the two HNL flights with a single 767 flight.
A single 763 would be a huge cut in capacity compared to two 757s, and on a seat-mile basis, AA's costs would increase dramatically. If AA needs to cut a lot of capacity from PHX, the cheaper solution would be just a single daily 757 instead of two 757s.

Most of us would probably prefer the 763 (for the much nicer seats) but I doubt that's the long-term solution. If the 32H is a success from LAX, then the longer-range A321neo will be just the ticket for PHX-Hawai'i. And the A321 has substantially lower operating costs than the 757.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
They are already flying LAX-HNL. Assumption is incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.