Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BDL / Hartford - Springfield Bradley Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

BDL / Hartford - Springfield Bradley International Airport US Airways Concourse Gate 13 Admirals Club

Link to BDL information on aa.com.

Link to BDL web site

Location: The BDL - Hartford -Springfield Bradley International Airport Admirals Club is in "US Airways Concourse adjacent to gate 30." This is a rebranded US Airways Club.

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information. Times have changed several times this year already.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Print Wikipost

BDL / Hartford - Springfield Bradley Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Actually Escape Lounge is not part of Priority Pass. AMEX Platinum will get you in or flying in J on Aer Lingus' flight to DUB. Otherwise $40 entry per person in advance or $45 at the door.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:44 pm

Correct, that's why it showed up on my AMEX app. I wonder if I can bring in 2 guests as AMEX Platinum.

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Actually Escape Lounge is not part of Priority Pass. AMEX Platinum will get you in or flying in J on Aer Lingus' flight to DUB. Otherwise $40 entry per person in advance or $45 at the door.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Formerly SPG Plat 100), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MarkY123
Correct, that's why it showed up on my AMEX app. I wonder if I can bring in 2 guests as AMEX Platinum.
BDL is my home airport. AmEx Platinum card allowed me to guest in my DH at no charge last week. I do believe they allow 2 free guests.
Jane
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA
I have used this club extensively over the years. The people of the club have always been exceptional. The club opened during a period when US Air gad extensuve service from Hartford almost on par with being a focus city. It was a novelty since the airport had no other clubs. It will be sorely missed.
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:01 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I believe this is the last of the old US clubs operating in smaller spokes in the Northeastern USA.

The one in ALB closed either immediately before or after 9/11. SYR and ROC both lost their clubroom after 9/11. I can't recall if PVD or MHT ever had club rooms.

At the time, ALB/BUF/BDL were somewhat of mini focus-cities for US-each had around 50 flights a day (mainline plus regional).
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
This really is quite a shame. The staff here has been absolutely incredible over the last decade or so of my travel. So much that they greet me and my family by name. And although a small club, the location is usually fairly busy whenever I've been present. With the daily BDL-LAX nonstop, having a club here is one of the incentives to try and pull in business travelers who might otherwise choose JFK or BOS.

Quite a loss for BDL, and the clubs in general.

American should be expanding the Admirals Club footprint, not shrinking it.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
I’ll miss the BDL club also. I don’t go there nearly as much now that my wife and I live in the same zip code, but we still go through BDL about 10x yearly on family visits.

I actually prefer the small clubs at small airports to the big hubs’ circus atmosphere...it was surprising to me they didn’t close it right after the merge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.