Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BDL / Hartford - Springfield Bradley Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

BDL / Hartford - Springfield Bradley International Airport US Airways Concourse Gate 13 Admirals Club

Link to BDL information on aa.com.

Link to BDL web site

Location: The BDL - Hartford -Springfield Bradley International Airport Admirals Club is in "US Airways Concourse adjacent to gate 30." This is a rebranded US Airways Club.

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information. Times have changed several times this year already.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Print Wikipost

BDL / Hartford - Springfield Bradley Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Hartford - Springfield Bradley International Airport US Airways ConcoursGate 13 Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 13, 2015 at 12:12 pm Reason: Update
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:17 pm

We are flying into/out of BDL on Delta. Looking at the terminal map, I am guessing that the security entrance for the various gates has been done in a way that will prevent us from accessing the US Airways Club but wanted to check before I ruled it out as a possibility. (We are using an AmEx Plat, which allows access to US Airways Club without a US Airways ticket.)
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
This is my home airport/club. I'm not sure I understand your question. Its all one security location now, so once you are inside of the secure area you can access the USAir club. It is a small but serviceable club.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:16 am

Thanks - I was assuming that the two sets of gates had different security entrances but I see they were smart and put security outside of all of the gates. The club was a perfect place to take a break with our infant in between a 3 hour car ride and a 3 hour drive!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by kersie
We are flying into/out of BDL on Delta. Looking at the terminal map, I am guessing that the security entrance for the various gates has been done in a way that will prevent us from accessing the US Airways Club but wanted to check before I ruled it out as a possibility. (We are using an AmEx Plat, which allows access to US Airways Club without a US Airways ticket.)
I always thought one of the rules were you needed to be flying the airline that day of the lounge you are using.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: US Airways Silver
I'm sitting in the club if you want in. I can let 2 in, I'm on the DL flight to FLL at 3:42, but got here very early.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I always thought one of the rules were you needed to be flying the airline that day of the lounge you are using.
Access to the US clubs is the sole exception to this for AMEX Platinum card holders - you can be flying anyone. They often ask who you're flying but will not deny access on that basis.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:42 pm

Does anyone know the history of this lounge? I've often wondered why US would have a lounge in BDL - never really made sense to me. Thoughts?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by danpeake
...Thoughts?
I don't have an answer, but knowing US' obsession with the bottom line, they'd have closed the BDL Club a long ago if it didn't pay its own way.

Back in 2008, they announced plans to close BWI and RDU Clubs, but backed away from closing RDU Club in the face of strong protests (and perhaps incentives along the way).

I've sometimes wondered the same about other smaller US Clubs - is there enough traffic to justify it? There must be other reasons...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danpeake
Does anyone know the history of this lounge? I've often wondered why US would have a lounge in BDL - never really made sense to me. Thoughts?
I know it's been there a long time, since at least 2000 and as kudzu wisely said, if it wasn't making money, it would have gone the way of BWI. And to add to what kudzu said, US apparently kept RDU open in 2008 when the airport agreed to waive charging them for the lease.

Back on topic, the BDL lounge is pretty nice albeit a little small. I used it last year and was fairly impressed by it.

Last edited by CMK10; Jan 12, 2012 at 11:44 am Reason: Me stupid, Kudzu smart
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
...if it wasn't making money, it would have gone the way of BUF. ...
Um, BUF Club is still open - you know something we don't?

(I know you meant to say BWI, MCO or similar closed Club; just messin' with ya, hah)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
I know it's been there a long time, since at least 2000 and as kudzu wisely said, if it wasn't making money, it would have gone the way of BUF. And to add to what kudzu said, US apparently kept RDU open in 2008 when the airport agreed to waive charging them for the lease.

Back on topic, the BDL lounge is pretty nice albeit a little small. I used it last year and was fairly impressed by it.
Probably a holdover from Piedmont. I believe BDL is quite a business center type city so there's lots of elites of full fare traveling through there.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kudzu
Um, BUF Club is still open - you know something we don't?

(I know you meant to say BWI, MCO or similar closed Club; just messin' with ya, hah)
Ha, that was dumb of me. Fixed it!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: US Airways Silver
Speaking of BDL club I'm in at 3:00-3:30 I can let someone in.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
The BDL Club is small and thinly staffed. I've never been in there that it didn't have at least a handful of people, a week ago it was actually rather full when I visited. One of the receptionists was also going back and forth between the four of us in the bar area and the desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.