Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Great stuff in this thread but...

I think it would be interesting to see what is the stupidest, least substantive thing or things people actually HAVE complained about to AA.
Old May 19, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
The last two times I opened the AA app I had to login. Why can't they just keep me logged in? I'm super important after all.
And on the topic of the app login, I still find it annoying that the order of Last Name & AAdvantage#/username fields are opposite on the app vs. website.
Old May 20, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
And on the topic of the app login, I still find it annoying that the order of Last Name & AAdvantage#/username fields are opposite on the app vs. website.
Agreed. It breaks my Lastpass every time.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ToddR_2003
Great stuff in this thread but...

I think it would be interesting to see what is the stupidest, least substantive thing or things people actually HAVE complained about to AA.
My brother is a bit of a grifter and so he complained about a broken bathroom on a CLT-GSO flight to get miles.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
That's substantive. Both this and the logging out issue.

#offwiththisthread
Old May 25, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
On a flIght on which I am currently sitting, I was #4 on the upgrade list. The top 3 got upgraded, so I was the first looser. At boarding I saw that one F seat was blocked off due to most likely a maintenance issue.
dciolli and rt23456p like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
On a flIght on which I am currently sitting, I was #4 on the upgrade list. The top 3 got upgraded, so I was the first looser. At boarding I saw that one F seat was blocked off due to most likely a maintenance issue.
lol that’s substantive
Old May 25, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
My brother is a bit of a grifter and so he complained about a broken bathroom on a CLT-GSO flight to get miles.
How long is that flight? 10 minutes? 😂
Old May 29, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Whine and cheese club part 4

ATL/LAX 5/28/21 A321
In a great mood with the ATL AC now open
let's run down the checklist:
First class comp upgrade, row one window seat. Check and check.
Pleasant person to chat with in the next seat, and no annoying loud phone conversations that my noise-cancelling headphones can't drown out. double check.
Proactive beverage service with a nice full cup of white wine, matched with the famous cheese platter. Checkity check.
At this point you might be thinking, this guys got nothing to complain about.
Crackers, Turns out, they make a mess. Down the front of my shirt and all over the tray table.
I must be doing something wrong.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
So interestingly today's flight HR-LAX was the first time I was told I couldn't use a power strip at my J seat to charge my iPad and phone at the same time (and the added protection and keep my chargers from falling out). I was told it would catch on fire over the middle of the Atlantic.

To the FA's credit, she came back and told me she asked the captain and he said no. I told her I'd she says no I'll follow it no problem, but they draw less amps together than a laptop and the breaker keeps it safe so she offered to show it to the captain. He said it doesn't say no in the manual but he doesn't want to chance a fire. I said no problem and let it be.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:55 pm

Whine and cheese club part 5

LAX/ATL 6/6/21 A319
In a relaxed mood with a stop by the LAX AC.
Freddy manned the bar and we chatted briefly.
Super guacamole toast with smoked salmon, black pepper and red onions..

let's run down the checklist:
First class comp upgrade, row two window seat. Check and check.
Pleasant person to chat with in the next seat, and no annoying loud phone conversations that my noise-cancelling headphones can't drown out. double check.
Proactive beverage service with a nice full cup of white wine, matched with the famous cheese platter. Checksters.
No one back in coach having a panic/heart attack, with the FA requesting a Doctor to press the call button. Whew!
How can one complain with this cornucopia?
Cheese. Package reads Assorted Gourmet cheeses.
I think the orange wedge was Cheddar, the yellow wedge was Smoked Gouda, but the yellow stick baffles me.
I am losing sleep over this. it had better be gourmet.
renila and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
LAX/ATL 6/6/21 A319
...the yellow stick baffles me.
I am losing sleep over this. it had better be gourmet.
Since it was a 319, I doubt it was Flagship Cheese
renila, jhalapin, rt23456p and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Since it was a 319, I doubt it was Flagship Cheese
Just need to fly AS to get the Flagship Cheese.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:28 am

Just need to fly AS to get the Flagship Cheese.
I think I will for no other reason!
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:21 am

Currently at LHR. I am Platinum Pro and traveling in J. Lounge agent at the BA lounge did not know the AA status tiers and looked at me confused as to why I was trying to use the lounge after scanning my boarding pass. She typed a bunch on the computer and then said "fine just come on through" as if she did me a favor. Huge first world problem but I could probably complain to AA and at least get an apology (I will not though; ultimately who cares).
rt23456p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.