Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA App for the Apple iPhone / iOS - Questions, Issues

The iPhone American Airlines app now (Sep 2014) requires iOS 8.0 to run properly. If you have an earlier iPhone you do not wish to update from iOS 7 or previous versions due to battery usage and reported slowness, the AA app now requires updating to iOS 8 to communicate and exchange data with AA.

The previous iPhone American Airlines App works with iOS 7.0 and was originally released September 2013; the newest version is 3.4.1 (for fixes for iPad crashes). Further information can be found in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-airlines/id382698565?mt=8

cubuffaloes2004 states:

"What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes"

Also displays the incoming flight.

The posts from 2011 and prior to then have been archived; you may find them here: Archive: AA iPhone app - questions and issues (2011 and prior)

Print Wikipost

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Called them and they said they can see it's ticketed but can't access it. They said it should be fine.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This isn’t uncommon with the app. Sometimes it’s about time zones, sometimes it’s about fully closing the app and reloading - but the message usually appears after the desired action (e.g. check-in) has been accomplished, and the action usually has “taken”.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
AA app and Siri integration

noticed with the latest aa app update Siri integration is now a feature. I created a phrase and will try it out on my next trip in a few days. When trying to use Siri when not on an active trip the app errors out which is a pretty bad user experience in my opinion as the response from Siri is the app can’t be reached right now.

Any my real world use thus far and is the Siri integration a hit or miss?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
How do you set it up?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:00 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by jerryss
How do you set it up?
Just update your AA app to the latest version then on the landing page there is a button below your reservations or active trip saying “Ask Siri for your flight details”. Press the button and it will take you to a page to add this feature to Siri.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
I’m flying today and the Siri integration works now.

Tells me my gate and seat assignment. Unsure how useful this will be. Perhaps as I make my way through the system today other features will be available
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
AA app not updating flight info (to merge)

Maybe this is old news since I haven't looked at future flights in the app for a couple of weeks but none of my flight info seems to be updating in the app.
Even after swiping down on the main page all of the flights show a last updated count way in the past. No swipe down ability on the individual flight pages.
I saw there was an update to the app available, downloaded that but looks the same.
Thoughts?
AJ
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:54 am

Just checked, and my flights are updating. You might want to delete the App (hold App icon, then tap the X) and reinstall.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Just off the phone with AA web support (that's where they sent me). After a very lengthy conversation and multiple times on hold for them to talk to the supervisor, they finally understood what was happening. Apparently, something on the system was updating for my flights (all of them, though they said the "robot" was updating). After two hours, one by one, I was finally able to update my flight info. It wasn't the app or the system overall but something going on with each flight since not all were able to update at once.
Is today a big schedule update day?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Both dot com and the app had some problems this morning.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Did AA "enhance" the mobile app and take away baggage carousel info?

Just noticed that the app doesnt show the baggage claim belt # anymore. It wasnt always accurate, but it was useful most of the time.

Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
Just noticed that the app doesnt show the baggage claim belt # anymore. It wasnt always accurate, but it was useful most of the time.

It showed on mine at 12:30 am this morning
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I’ve found it to be less consistent lately.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I never seem to have this feature update before I figure out what belt it is on anyways.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just landed in JFK and got the carousel number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.