Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF
Cannot get to their website.
Works for me. Use http://isup.me/ to check if it's just you.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by cletus1
Hi,

I was planning to sign up for a bank direct account to get some AA miles.

You can get 10K miles for 6 months of direct deposits. I am a contractor and do not get direct deposits from an employer. Does anyone know if I can transfer money from another account to the bank direct account and the transfer would be considered as a direct deposit?

http://www.bankdirect.com/programs/aadvantage.aspx
Hi! Welcome to FT!

Coming to your query: I don't think that's gonna work. BankDirect is very "strict" in awarding 10K miles for Direct Deposit. They want all your paystubs (that is really bad requirement if you ask me), to confirm you are depositing 100% of your salary in that account! If any amount (even a few dollars) is deposited in a different account, you are "not eligible" for bonus.

In your case, you may not have paystubs, so BD would simply reject your request.

Cheers!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:09 am

I used to have bank direct account about 2 - 3 years ago. If I want to open a checking account again will I get 10K bonus for direct deposit for a second time? Or only 1 time bonus for a lifetime ?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Flyer arrived via US Mail today, announcing that BankDirect will soon introduce a new mobile banking app.

Hard to believe, from a company whose website is state of the art circa 2002, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:36 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by swag
Flyer arrived via US Mail today, announcing that BankDirect will soon introduce a new mobile banking app..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ile.production

...but it will not accept my established UserID and Password.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:14 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia
...but it will not accept my established UserID and Password.
Explanation:

We are currently enhancing our online banking experience. It will be a gradual process for all customers to be converted to the new platform. Until you have been converted, you will not be able to use the mobile application. The process begins September 9th and continues through the end of October. You should be receiving information via mail or e-mail.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Yeah, I got multiple emails and snail-mails about the app, but eventually I was able to log on.

In other BD news, today I received a replacement debit card which is chip-enabled.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I posted this, in another forum: good idea??

If you want, Bank CD's this could be a good program, with areas to exploit:

Example for those with large deposits, the 6 month CD is the best option, based on the standard 25 Miles/$1,000 over $50,000 deposited. The 24 month option would give you only 73,750 miles while, the 6 month option, used (4) times (shown below) would yield a full 145,000 miles.

So with a $1,000,000 CD with a (1) 6 month term and (2) terms would earn the following:

12,500 Miles (first $50k deposit)
+23,750 Miles ($950K Deposit)
=36,250 Miles per 6 months or 72,500 (2) for Annual Miles.

6-month
Mileage Certificate of Deposit

250 AAdvantage miles
Earn credit for every $1,000.00 invested in a 6-month Mileage Certificate of Deposit up to $50,000.00.

25 AAdvantage miles
Earn credit for every $1,000.00 invested in a 6-month Mileage Certificate of Deposit over $50,000.00.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
36,250 Miles per 6 months or 72,500 (2) for Annual Miles.
Twenty (20) $50,000 CDs would be many more miles, either 1,000,000 miles every 24 months (preferred if concern for the program ending and/or less paperwork) or 250,000 miles every 6 months (preferred for liquidity). BankDirect does not appear to set a limit on the total number of CDs a person can have.

BREAK

I dont do much day-to-day banking at BankDirect, more like fire and forget. As such, I had few problems with the old website, it was concise and to the point. On the other hand, the new website, circa 2007, looks terrible, like the result of a webmaster on a bad trip. I much preferred state of the art circa 2002. The new website does not state the total amount of all deposits. With multiple accounts, it would be nice to see the total amount on deposit.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just realized I didn't get my AA miles for October. Anyone else getting a lag?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5
Just realized I didn't get my AA miles for October. Anyone else getting a lag?
I got mine yesterday. Does it show up in your BankDirect account?

Last edited by xpro; Nov 7, 2015 at 3:11 pm
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Mine show awarded on 10/07/15 and this months on 11/06/15 but neither are showing on my AA account yet. I have contacted customer support as to the status of the Oct. miles as even per their own website wording they should post within two weeks.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dave209
Mine show awarded on 10/07/15 and this months on 11/06/15 but neither are showing on my AA account yet. I have contacted customer support as to the status of the Oct. miles as even per their own website wording they should post within two weeks.
Mine shows up the same way. Everything seems OK on my BankDirect, but nothing in my AA account.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5
Mine shows up the same way. Everything seems OK on my BankDirect, but nothing in my AA account.
Do you have the correct AAdvantage number on your account?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both sets of mine showed this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.