Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA platinum challenge vs Citi Exec AA 100k

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Hey all, just confirming my understanding here... Is it true that if I got the Citi Exec AA 100k card and fullfilled the obligations to get the 100k points that I would qualify for Platinum status with AA (thus I wouldn't have to pay the $250 for the platinum challenge)? In short, I'd have the platinum status + admiral club admission just by going the Citi card route?

edit: sorry wrong forum. will post in information desk forum. moderators, please delete.. thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

What do you base your understanding on?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:56 pm

this is incorrect in any case. the miles you earn via the AA card are not elite-qualifying miles

edit: this would be for the 100K miles - the additional 10K eqm you can earn via $40K of spend could be different (that's a good question though as to whether it would fulfill the requirements of a PLT challenge)
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

I signed up just now and the nice lady did mention that the 40k in annual spend (10k eqm) would qualify.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat 100, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC, AmEx Plat
deleted

Last edited by MikeORD; Mar 31, 2014 at 10:19 pm
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks moderator and apologies.

Fwiw: I signed up for the challenge through aa cust service and when she asked if I wanted to enroll into the 30k citi program, I mentioned I was already enrolled through the 100k program for which she noted the 40k spending perk.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by nguyenm9
Thanks moderator and apologies.

Fwiw: I signed up for the challenge through aa cust service and when she asked if I wanted to enroll into the 30k citi program, I mentioned I was already enrolled through the 100k program for which she noted the 40k spending perk.
The challenge (not targeted ones) is based on EQP. By getting this card and spending 40k, you earn 10K EQM and 0 EQP.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:48 am

I like the op out of box thinking. Even if this does not work
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Centurion
Ummm... ok I'll bite. How is a complete, fundamental lack of the most basic understanding of the difference between EQM/EQPs and RDMs "outside the box" thinking?

Regards
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:24 am

Like keepssmile said, you do not earn any points with the Citi Exec card.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by scubadu
Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurion

Ummm... ok I'll bite. How is a complete, fundamental lack of the most basic understanding of the difference between EQM/EQPs and RDMs "outside the box" thinking?

Regards
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.