Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Eye on 757 LAX to BOS, upgrade worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by Crazy4Birds
LAX-MIA redeyes always have a 2nd entree besides fruit and cheese---lately, it's been a really good tuna steak served cold. Such a pleasant contrast to DL, which serves nothing at all on domestic red-eyes except Biscoff cookies...(but DL has much better IFE---can't have it all!)
MIA-LAS had that tuna steak over greek salad, or chicken parm. I had the fish, it was OK but not as good as the salad underneath.

edit: Not on the redeye. This ocurred on a flight departing at 8:10p from MIA.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Did the redeye last week... nothing special and regular domestic configuration with the leather seats. I like them but didnt sleep much.

I missed my turnaround and let them rebook me on UA which you can very easy survive in E+ exit row.

Today I had another run, LAX-STL-BOS-LAX and everything went smooth. The BOS-LAX is far superior in F on AA while in coach I would definetely prefer UA.

As said above, the eastbound flights ex LAX never impress me. Marginal service, sometimes attitude from the FAs, boring breakfast

The crew ex STL was fantastic and I even handed out one of the Applause Certs which I rarely do for inflight crew ! Return again toutstanding, the service is nearly better than on a ORD-FRA (which is not really THAT difficult considering the snotty ORD crews but still...) ^

My opinon: On flights 3 hours + an upgrade is always worth it ! Even if you have to buy the stickers at which AA compared to UA is still cheapo cheap !

Cheers,
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Handheld media players, as distributed on the 763 trans-con flights, should be rolled out to MIA-LAX 757/738 flights in 3-6 months. Still not live TV, but its something.
It was on the LAX-BOS flight I took on Labor Day, so I assume it'll also be available in the redeye flight the OP is planning.

Personally, I don't like the F-seat on a 757 for sleeping but that's just me.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Oh yeah, I got the media players yesterday as well ! ^
Old Sep 18, 2009, 1:47 pm

No GOGO on these flights, correct?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:12 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mileshound
No GOGO on these flights, correct?
Correct - no GoGo on the AA 757s.

From the AA website (http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...URL&title=wifi)

Now you can be connected while in flight with GogoŽ Inflight Internet service on select American Airlines flights. The fee based service is now available on all Boeing 767-200 flights, select MD80's, and is coming soon to our Boeing 737 fleet.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
When I was PLT, I decided not to upgrade a flight from STL-SEA with one of these 75Ls. Oh wow was it a beautiful plane! For some reason, and I dont know why, Y is so uncomfortable on these planes--moreso than anything else inthe fleet, frankly. The best coach seat, imho, is 9E, albeit its just as uncomfortable as the others. Lots of leg room (more than first class!), bulkhead row, but no window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.