Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, GP Diamond
I also got the same letter and also don't see any of the 5000 EQM on either the december statement or the current one.

But here is my question: IF DEQM were posted immediately, I would have qualified for PLAT on my 12/15 flight and got 100% bonus miles for that.
As it stands now I only got 25% for gold. Should that be adjusted?
I got over 50K on another flight later that month, so I was PLAT before this letter showed up.

Or would the DEQM be posted for 2010 - this seems unlikely.

Suggestions?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I called b/c the email stated specifically that the total would be visible on right now on my Dec statement - and this clearly isn't the case.
Same here....I called at 9:05 AM to report the issue as a courtesy and I sent a e-mail to them as well. As of 4:43 PM EST AA is still looking stupid with this item. I guess they figure this will blow over. ..... sadly.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by qume
I also got the same letter and also don't see any of the 5000 EQM on either the december statement or the current one.

But here is my question: IF DEQM were posted immediately, I would have qualified for PLAT on my 12/15 flight and got 100% bonus miles for that.
I got over 50K on another flight later that month, so I was PLAT before this letter showed up.

Suggestions?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, qume! I wouldn't count on (or personally ask for) retroactive RDM bonus miles. YMMV.

DBLEQ will count toward 2009 status, not 2010 (see the OP).
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
IF DEQM were posted immediately, I would have qualified for PLAT on my 12/15 flight and got 100% bonus miles for that.
No, it should not be adjusted retroactively.

It doesn't matter when they post, the DEQM apply to flights flown in 2009 and contribute toward status earned in 2009. It's no different than standard EQM that aren't actually posted until 2010, but were earned on flights flown in late December 2009 .

Suggestions?
Enjoy your new status.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Priority Gold, National Executive
Can everyone just calm down please? This just came into my in box with the subject line:Correction – Your Double Elite Qualifying Miles Have Posted

Dear onthewineroute,

AAdvantage Cards Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel flown through December 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBLEQ).

A total of xxxx additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted between November 22, 2009, and December 26, 2009.

The YTD Elite Qualifying Miles total on your January 2010 Summary (available on AA.com on Monday, January 11) will reflect your year-end elite activity for 2009, including your bonus elite qualifying miles. Please note that you will not see a separate transaction in the detail portion of your summary. And, as a reminder, since this promotion only applied to elite qualifying miles, no corresponding updates are reflected in your Program to Date Miles or Total Available Award Mileage balances.

Congratulations! We hope this puts you well on your way to qualifying or re-qualifying for elite status* and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Sincerely,
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:23 pm

Broken IFE, wilted salad, lost luggage, FUBARed email.

Originally Posted by onthewineroute
Can everyone just calm down please? This just came into my in box with the subject line:Correction – Your Double Elite Qualifying Miles Have Posted
Will we get compensation?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by onthewineroute
Can everyone just calm down please?
As I explained earlier, that's simply not possible. Some folks thrive on creating drama and the rest of us (as noted by beerup) thrive on watching it.

Fwiw I just received the same "Correction - ..." email, although I don't recall ever having received the first one.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I received my first/incorrect "Your bonus miles have posted" email this morning at the email address that I have in my AAdvantage profile.

I received my "Correction - ..." email; however, it was sent to a different email address. Haven't had that one associated with my AAdvantage account in a while...over a year ago, I think. They must've dug it out of an antiquated borg collective/database.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I got my "Correction" email too. Sounds like they must have gotten a great deal of rapid feedback and decided to act promptly to avoid tying up AAdvantage Customer Service for weeks with inquiries. (although such inquiries probably will still come)
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
(although such inquiries probably will still come)
Indubitably.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
I got my 2nd email too. what a friggen mess. I'm glad I took a screenshot on 12/31 because they took out 13k eqms today poof
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I was actually excited to think my bonus EQMs would post for 2010. I already had 135k EQM for 2009.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I have not (yet) received the second email. If my January summary doesn't come out until Jan 11th, how can I meet the Jan 9th deadline to "question" the results?

If my calculations are correct, I only made it by 32 miles. I have no way of finding out if my math matches AA's math (full disclosure: math is not my strong suit, lol). I only recieved the DBLEQ email today, but no "welcome back to PLT" email. Since my status is not changing, but staying the same, looking at my AA account profile doesn't tell me anything new. I'm flying on faith here and hope everything comes out the way I expect/hope it to..because if it doesn't, I will have missed the Jan 9th deadline. I was resisting doing this, but I guess a call to the PLT desk will be necessary tomorrow......
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I got the DEQM email and it said:
Dear DeltaFlyingProf,
AAdvantage Cards Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel flown through December 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBLEQ).

A total of 1 additional elite-status qualifying miles have been added to your account based on flight activity posted between November 22, 2009, and December 26, 2009.
Then the correction which says exactly the same thing. The trouble is, I should have received over 40k EQM, taking me over the 125k threshold for the elite reward promotion. However, the other strange thing is that I did get Exp status, indicating that they must have given me more than 1 EQM...
Anybody has this situation?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 7:00 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Indubitably.
Yup, panic-monkeying and me-too-ism for the first letter, and the same for the second. Perhaps we need a thread where everyone can post each time their flight miles show up, so everyone can say "me,too."

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.