Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:06 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by shortypowers
I think HedgeFundie may be correct here unless there's a difference for reaching GLD vs. PLT. I reached GLD via the last DBLEQ posting and no bonus miles were posted.
Two different things. Since the DBLEQ miles won't have posted, EricUSC will reach PLT on the actual flights. He will get the difference between the PLT 100% bonus miles and the GLD 25% bonus miles in a separate posting. It's not an actual "bonus" for hitting PLT. It's just the "100% PLT bonus" miles due on those flights.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Never mind. I misread it. brp's correct. Of course.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by EricUSC
I now have 48,791 EQMs in my account, but the DBLEQ has not posted yet. I am flying LAX-MIA-EZE in Y on 12/25 and I am really hoping to be Platinum by then so I can have access to the Admirals Club on that day and receive 100% bonus miles for the LAX-MIA segment.

1. Will AA post my DBLEQ early if I call them and explain my situation of wanting to have Platinum benefits when I travel on 12/25?

IF DBLEQ does not post by 12/25:
2. Will I receive 100% (Platinum) bonus miles or 25% (Gold) bonus miles for the LAX-MIA segment?
3. Will I have access to the Admiral's Club at MIA (before the flight to EZE) if I print out my EQM balance from the web and show them my LAX-MIA boarding pass?
My answers assume you already have 48,791 EQM in your account, not counting any DBLEQ due to post (but not already posted) later.

1. No.

2. As you already have 48791 EQM, LAX-MIA (2342 miles) will make you Platinum. Therefore you should receive 100% RDM bonus for this flight.

3. I don't know the technical answer, but you'll have a good case to make. I'd first call and ask the phone agents to update your reservation as Platinum. Then go to the AC and explain that you just made PLT. This is borderline situation, so I would be prepared to gracefully accept whatever happens.

Good luck.

Last edited by aktchi; Dec 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
My answers assume you already have 48,791 EQM in your account,
I think that's a safe assumption since the OP stated "...I now have 48,791 EQMs in my account..."
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I think that's a safe assumption since the OP stated "...I now have 48,791 EQMs in my account..."
Yes, of course. However, I have had conversations where people have already included unposted DBLEQ miles in such numbers as something they have already "earned" even if AA hasn't gotten around to updating the info, so I just wanted to make sure.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:39 pm

Yes, of course. However, I have had conversations where people have already included unposted DBLEQ miles in such numbers as something they have already "earned" even if AA hasn't gotten around to updating the info, so I just wanted to make sure.
Yes, more than one have been confused on that count. Better safe than sorry is usually a good policy. It was nice that the OP finished up by stating, "... but the DBLEQ has not posted yet." Wouldn't it be great if everyone explained things so clearly?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:01 am

It was nice that the OP finished up by stating, "... but the DBLEQ has not posted yet." Wouldn't it be great if everyone explained things so clearly?
I have heard statements like "I have 49K miles but 7k have not posted yet". Nobody can cover every angle. I think OP was just fine. Besides, it is not his responsibility alone. All of us, whether asking or answering questions, should try to increase the precision a little whenever we notice a potential ambiguity.

Last edited by aktchi; Dec 15, 2009 at 12:10 am
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:26 am

All of us, whether asking or answering questions, should try to increase the precision a little whenever we notice a potential ambiguity.
Not only do I agree and concur, but I see it the same as you and believe we are of one mind on the matter.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:50 am

Not only do I agree and concur, but I see it the same as you and believe we are of one mind on the matter.
I know, I know...but if I start getting to the point in one post, how will I ever make the FT Evangelist?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Originally Posted by EricUSC
3. Will I have access to the Admiral's Club at MIA (before the flight to EZE) if I print out my EQM balance from the web and show them my LAX-MIA boarding pass?
Years ago I went from Gld to PLT in the middle of a same day RT. When I landed at ORD I called AA CR and asked them to update my status - which they were able to do. This bumped me up the list for standby upgrades for the afternoon return, (the GA told me I leap frogged four other golds) and I got the upgrade. YMMV as has been said, but if you don't ask, the answer is always no.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT
Smile

I am in a similar situation. I currently have 39,865 EQM and DEQM for the recent trip to ICN (via NRT) didn't post yet. If that happens, my EQM will be 53413 enough for PLT...

Anyway I am traveling next week (domestic so PLT benefit of lounge use is not a problem here) and interested in seeing if the 75% addition PLT mileage bonuses actually post or not after making PLT on Jan, 2, 2010.

Happy holidays!!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:22 pm

Next DEQM sweep? I flew 2 December & 8 December...

Hello All,

Any idea when the next sweep will be for the DEQM miles? I flew on 2 and 8 December, and both of the standard sets of miles have posted. I'm getting antsy to see "gold" by my name (but I'm not flying anywhere for a while).

Many thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BritishMusicFan
Hello All,

Any idea when the next sweep will be for the DEQM miles? I flew on 2 and 8 December, and both of the standard sets of miles have posted. I'm getting antsy to see "gold" by my name (but I'm not flying anywhere for a while).

Many thanks!
Several ideas, all in this thread that keeps getting longer because people keep asking the same questions repeatedly rather than simply looking for an answer that they must figure is in here. Laziness is amazing.

(And to further encourage the laziness, I'll tell you that the most recent answer is 1/2/10).

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by yoonsoo
I am in a similar situation. I currently have 39,865 EQM and DEQM for the recent trip to ICN (via NRT) didn't post yet. If that happens, my EQM will be 53413 enough for PLT...Anyway I am traveling next week (domestic so PLT benefit of lounge use is not a problem here) and interested in seeing if the 75% addition PLT mileage bonuses actually post or not after making PLT on Jan, 2, 2010.
Your situation is a little different due to the manner in which AA credits regular EQM's and bonus EQM's.

(You'd recall that AA measures your loyalty in several numbers: RDM miles count towards award tickets etc; EQM miles towards the status; EQP points towards the status; EQS segment towards the status.)

When you fly, you are deemed to have earned those flown ("regular") EQM's (and points, segments etc) on that very day, regardless of when the account may be updated to show the numbers. Moreover, if this flight would make you Platinum according any number (miles, points, segments), then you are treated as having flown that flight as a Platinum, earning the 100% RDM bonus. This is the situation described in post 1047.

However, in the Double EQM promotion, you are supposed to receive the bonus EQM's on the date they post - which could well be days or weeks after the flight.

Therefore, assuming what everyone suspects that bonus EQM's will post in early January, you'd be Gold next week, not Platinum. Whenever the miles post, they will count from that day forward; there will be no retroactive correction.

Last edited by aktchi; Dec 15, 2009 at 2:07 pm
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Well... it's over. Anyone else feel slightly hung-over?

Talk about under the wire. Hit 125,072 miles last night and arrived at home at 11:48. 24,500 of that was thanks to round 2 of DBEQ. I will finish the year with just over 128,000, (miles after 12/15 count towards the 125k award, but are not doubled). I never would have even attempted the 125 without DBEQ. Made EXP on segments back in Oct, so this was just icing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.