Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked AAward travel not showing in My Reservations.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Booked AAward travel not showing in My Reservations.

Hello all,

I'm not sure if i'm looking for something that isn't supposed to be there or not but i thought i'd ask people more knowledgeable than i am.

I booked some award travel with my AA miles and have had the email through with the record locator and all the itinery. What i can't do however is view the reservation within the 'My Reservations' part of AA.com. Am i supposed to be able to view this? Can i call AA to get them to put it in there for me?

i've used BA.com MMB to check my flight and change seats which is good but i can't seem to do the same thing for Cathay Pacific which is rather annoying.

Any advice?

Chris
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
For some reason with award flights on non AA carriers (not sure about AA only itins) the PNR doesn't stick to your AA membership number.

You should be able to view the complete itinerary by entering the AA reference in the Find Reservations section on the My Reservations page.

You will not be able to do anything to the booking other than view it though.

If you need to get a seat assignment on CX you will have to call them. They can allocate seats in J & F (not sure about Y) for flights up to 6 months out.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
I just booked an award flight on Cathay Pacific using AA miles. I had to call CP to get their five-letter locator code (a different one than the AA six-letter locator, for the same reservation) to view the reservation on-line on CP's web site. Also, my return flight is on a paid ticket with one segment on CP and one on AA; when I tried to get a seat assignment the first time they said they don't do economy seat selection in advance, but then it worked when I called back and asked "do you allow advance seat selection for OneWorld Emeralds?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.