Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Internal Booking Procedures For Same Day Confirmed Change, Can You aa.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire

Hi,

I have some questions about AA's same day $50 with in 12 hours of new flight same day change program which I have not found in doing some reading and in talking to AA res:

1. Is the $50 same day confirmed fee waived for any of AA's elite members?

2. Exactly what is the criteria that AA uses in terms of whether to offer a same day confirmed seat on a given flight? For instance, must a particular fare booking code be available? If an aircraft holds 50 people and it is booked to 49, 48, 47, 40, will they offfer that sseat to a pax requesting the same day confirmed option?

3. Can a pax complete a same day confirmed change transaction using aa.com check in?

4. Can a pax use aa.com check in to initiate standby or a same day change transaction after the time of the originally ticketed flight? For instance, pax booked at 5:00 A.M., can the pax go to aa.com at noon and complete these transactions?

5. If a pax completes a same day change transaction, is this changed in the Sabre PNR? Are they booked in a different (higher) coach booking code if that is all that is available? E.g. I am on a N fare class ticket but Y is the only bucket that is being sold on the new flight I am changing too? Can the change be viewed at aa.com?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jetsetter
1. Is the $50 same day confirmed fee waived for any of AA's elite members?

2. Exactly what is the criteria that AA uses in terms of whether to offer a same day confirmed seat on a given flight? For instance, must a particular fare booking code be available? If an aircraft holds 50 people and it is booked to 49, 48, 47, 40, will they offfer that sseat to a pax requesting the same day confirmed option?
1. If aa.com doesn't specify elite exceptions, one shouldn't expect to be granted one. AA still offers traditional free standby to all passengers (unlike NW, CO or DL) if one doesn't want to pay the SDC fee.

2. A successful SDC will confirm into E inventory, an unpublished bucket. AA hasn't released details of prerequisites for the presence of E inventory.

aa.com offers a detailed page on SDC:

http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...eDayTravel.jsp
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
1. If aa.com doesn't specify elite exceptions, one shouldn't expect to be granted one. AA still offers traditional free standby to all passengers (unlike NW, CO or DL) if one doesn't want to pay the SDC fee.

2. A successful SDC will confirm into E inventory, an unpublished bucket. AA hasn't released details of prerequisites for the presence of E inventory.

aa.com offers a detailed page on SDC:

http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...eDayTravel.jsp
2. You will be confirmed into your original booking class. CFC is available only if there is E inventory.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Let me put it succinctly

1. No, it isn't.

2. As mentioned, E class must be available.

3. No, you have to call AA. Or you can do this at the kiosk at the airport.

4. I am not 100% sure. Being that it is "standby", maybe. But if you try to do this after your flight has departed, that may be trickier. If you are on an unrefundable fare, the ticket is gone once you miss the flight. However I believe there is a "distress" option where if you call within a certain amount of time (very quick, I think I heard 1 hour) after the flight left you can try and standby later. This is typically the "accident on the freeway" scenario while on your way to the airport.

5. You will see the change on aa.com. You are booked back into your original inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.