Open Jaw while Wholly Within a country

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:40 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Open Jaw while Wholly Within a country

Search provided some suggestions that were close, but those were more complex routings, and not the same.

AA has awards for travel "Wholly Within" certain countries. Peru is one of them. The intra-Peru fares I'm looking at are pretty high- higher than I can get the SJC-LIM flight

So, I wanted to fly down there paid, and then get a LAN award for travel Wholly Within Peru.

I was looking at LIM-CUS, JUL-LIM or LIM-JUL, CUS-LIM, depending upon the timing of other factors. I didn't find anything on AA.com to cover this.

I know I could call, but it's obscure enough that I wouldn't know whether to trust the first answer

Has anyone tried something like this, or knows of specific information saying yea or nay?

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Yes, 1 open-jaw is allowed, & for most partners AA doesn't pay attention to the mileage, i.e. the gap may or may not be the shortest side of the triangle. I did it in early 2007 using AA miles on Qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.