FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/887180-promo-discount-code-codes-requests-offers-consolidated.html)

cmay2112 Jan 14, 2009 7:07 am

Wanted: American Airlines Promotion codes

Can anyone help me locate an active American Airlines Promotion Code to Mexico?? Thanks

3Cforme Jan 14, 2009 7:18 am

Clearly there is some discount hound handbook that sends first-time posters looking for discount codes. Or this is an extended and really tiresome episode of Punk'd.

Please Google 'Entertainment Book'.

bdemaria Jan 14, 2009 7:45 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 11073379)
Clearly there some discount hound handbook that sends first-time posters looking for discount codes. Or this is an extended and really tiresome episode of Punk'd.

Please Google 'Entertainment Book'.

Your post got me thinking, so I googled AA promo codes and one of the first things that popped is a blurb about all the discount coupons/codes available on Flyer talk.

Cellie Jan 15, 2009 7:28 am

2009 Promotion Codes

I'm traveling from MIA to LGA in March. Anyone know of any promotion codes I can use to book my flight now?

Thank you!

bdemaria Jan 15, 2009 7:37 am

Cellie,

Welcome to Flyertalk! The question you posed is a common one so if you use the search function you will find some suggestions regarding discounts

JDiver Jan 15, 2009 8:00 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Do take some time to familiarize yourself with the tools here - the American AAdvantage Wiki, linked to in the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky thread, is full of information, and the Guide itself has lots of links to threads of interest and tools.

There may be a few public codes available - but FlyerTalk prohibits posting unpublished or restricted codes, such as conference or special event codes. Any posted here would be deleted. Also search for Entertainment - I think they have some coupons this year.

Cellie Jan 15, 2009 8:44 am

Thank you and I'm sorry.

WOW you guys are experts in this. Tons and tons of information. :)

BoyAreMyArmsTired Jan 15, 2009 4:35 pm

This isn't something that is done on Flyertalk, but I am going to add this post to the AA Forum so you can read through the other similar posts and explanations.

BAMAT
Moderator, Budget Travel

gemac Jan 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Here you go.

tucsnaz Jan 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by skibabi1 (Post 11072281)
Hey does anyone know where I can get a discount promotion code for an American Airlines flight being booked?

I used to be able to use the entertainment book, but my code has already been used and says that i can't use it again. Anyone got another one that they haven't used?

I would appreciate some help. Thanks so much!

-skibabi1

Welcome to Flyertalk!

It's best to use the search function before starting a new thread as this topic has been covered many times before. You can start by looking here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...de-merged.html for more information.

It's also recommended to read the "sticky's at the top of the Forum before posting. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...first-238.html

aamilesslave Jan 15, 2009 5:09 pm

There has to be a news article or some such driving people to FT looking for promo codes....

JDiver Jan 15, 2009 5:28 pm

But, none of us started out that way. FT allows us to learn and share. :)

Originally Posted by Cellie (Post 11080967)
Thank you and I'm sorry.

WOW you guys are experts in this. Tons and tons of information. :)

mvoight Jan 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Hey does anyone know where I can get a discount promotion code for an American Airlines flight being booked?

I used to be able to use the entertainment book, but my code has already been used and says that i can't use it again. Anyone got another one that they haven't used?

-skibabi1

If you order the book online, you get a code when you order and another when you register the card. Feel free to buy more books. Maybe you can buy them as gifts. You would get the email for a code, and they can register the books for another. They are discounted and the last rebate I got from Fat Wallet was $6 or $6.50 per book, I believe.The latest discount I saw was 35 percent plus free shipping. So, with the rebate that is a nice savings.
We use a $5 Safeway coupon everytime we go to the store and spend over $50. Combined with UA miles and free gas, Safeway is being nice with the freebies.

Now, if you are interested in going to a Gay, Lesbin, Bisexual, or Transgendered event... not for me, but you might be interested, then you could check for discounts at http://www.aa.com/content/images/pro...nbowEvents.pdf
Other related info is at aa.com/rainbow

If you are attending a group or a convention, you could also get a discount by searching for that group's oconvention's travel information to see if they posted a code.

Also, from time to time, AA sends codes via email

I am curious. What made you come to this forum and make your first post a request for a code?

paseom2 Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm

-skibabi1

I am by no means a long time veteran of FT, however I have noticed many of these requests lately. It is not as if FT has a huge archive of promotion codes hidden away...

gemac Jan 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 11084651)
There has to be a news article or some such driving people to FT looking for promo codes....

Perhaps, but it is probably self-perpetuating. Somebody finds FT's AA forum, fires up a thread to ask for a promotion code. Google then catalogs that request and any answers, so that anyone who googles "American Airlines Promotion Code" finds FT's AA forum. They come here, none bother to read the "Newcomers to this forum: PLEASE READ FIRST" announcement, and each one starts their own thread. Each one gets cataloged by Google. Now, there are a half-dozen FT links on the first couple of pages of the Google search, and it looks like FT is the hot place to get AA discount codes, so more and more people come here. The Google bots don't notice that nobody is actually getting a discount code, just catalogs that a lot of people are discussing them here. The snowball continues to roll downhill.

The only thing that could be done to help the situation would be to not answer these threads at all, as each answer only contributes to the problem. But that never happens, as lots of FT members want to "help".