FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/887180-promo-discount-code-codes-requests-offers-consolidated.html)

Tiki Jan 8, 2009 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 11032667)
Search on "Entertainment Book." This will yield a 5% coupon.

Cheers.

How does the Entertainment Book discount work? We are hopefully going to Europe via the USA in Sept. 5% off of two tickets would be about $250 savings. Do you need one Entertainment book per person or can you apply the code to the whole itinerery?

miamigrad Jan 8, 2009 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 11036830)
How does the Entertainment Book discount work? We are hopefully going to Europe via the USA in Sept. 5% off of two tickets would be about $250 savings. Do you need one Entertainment book per person or can you apply the code to the whole itinerery?

www.entertainment.com is the site for the book.

The 5% code is off eligible BASE fare (not the whole itinerary - this is important because people always come back complaining that they were cheated somehow, even though it is spelled out in Entertainment's T&C)

They are usually good for up to 6 people booked on same itinerary.

Tiki Jan 9, 2009 1:32 am

Pretty cool, thanks! I won't be ready to buy this ticket until June-ish but I have a friend in Orlando who could get the book for me. And then he could use all the restaurant and shopping ones.

garycal Jan 9, 2009 1:43 am

I would add this: When I tried to use the Entertainment Guide code in the past, I got an error message from the entertainment guide site saying something to the effect of "we are out of codes". Just hold tight and try again in about an hour. The code will issue. I don't know if they fixed the problem or not (I hope so by now -- I was having this problem like 6 months ago), but don't give up if the initial message you get is an error message.

wintermom Jan 9, 2009 8:02 am

Did they not change it this year to have black out dates on the
5% discount? I can't remember for sure but you might want to
double check that and be sure your dates are ok.

aktchi Jan 12, 2009 7:40 am

Any AA promo code?

I am flying ORD-DEL mid-Feb/mid-March. Any promo codes, by pm if you wish, would be greatly appreciated.

brp Jan 12, 2009 8:33 am

www.entertainmentbook.com

Cheers.

dierenarts Jan 12, 2009 8:59 am

American Airlines Promotional Codes in U.S.

Does anyone know of any promotional codes for AA flying late April from Connecticut to San Francisco.

Koen

vrbaba Jan 12, 2009 9:11 am

I think the fare is around 1100-1200 bucks, which is not too bad IMO. The only code that is available is the 5% off code when you buy the entertainment book (above posted link). Keep in mind that it may take a while if the codes are exhausted (in which case they have to get more codes from AA). However, its still Jan, and I dont think the codes are gone yet.

You have to sign up online even if you buy the book at a store or on the web to order the code.

Ocn Vw 1K Jan 12, 2009 9:13 am

dierenarts, welcome to FlyerTalk! The best source of answers will be in FlyerTalk's American Airlines forum, so please standby as this thread is moved there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

aktchi Jan 12, 2009 9:58 am

I appreciate both of the above posts. Right now, for those with flexibility, the fare can be as low as 900 with AA to LHR and connecting to VS after an excruciating 15 hour wait. However we have to take nonstops or better connections on pecific dates and pay close to 1300. Not a bad fare in itself but still 400 extra per person, and any reduction would feel good. :)

nbevan Jan 12, 2009 10:37 am

The N fare until the beginning of April is $1090 and the V fare till mid-May $1150.

miamigrad Jan 12, 2009 10:54 am

Originally Posted by dierenarts (Post 11059630)
Does anyone know of any promotional codes for AA flying late April from Connecticut to San Francisco.

Koen

Welcome to FT.

Please see the sticky at the top of the page for all new members to FT.
This question gets asked frequently... very frequently.

The Entertainment Book provides 5% off eligible base fare. I believe it provides that for up to 6 passengers on the same itinerary when purchased at the same time.

Again, welcome and safe travels

aktchi Jan 12, 2009 11:54 am

Originally Posted by nbevan (Post 11060279)
The N fare until the beginning of April is $1090 and the V fare till mid-May $1150.

Thanks. May be the availability on our specific dates, I'll see if I can juggle the schedule a little. That, plus 5% should make us feel good. :)

skibabi1 Jan 14, 2009 1:15 am

AA Promotion Codes?

Hey does anyone know where I can get a discount promotion code for an American Airlines flight being booked?

I used to be able to use the entertainment book, but my code has already been used and says that i can't use it again. Anyone got another one that they haven't used?

I would appreciate some help. Thanks so much!

-skibabi1