FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/887180-promo-discount-code-codes-requests-offers-consolidated.html)

gemac Feb 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by via amtrak (Post 11262944)
Thanks for posting these dates. I'm looking to book a round-trip international ticket leaving on 03/09/2009 and returning on 03/23/2009. The outbound would be before the embargo start date of 03/13/2009, but the return trip would be during the embargo. It seems to me that there are 3 possibilites:

(1) I still get 5% off because travel starts before 03/13/2009.
(2) I don't get any discount because my return trip falls during the embargo period.
(3) I get 5% off the outbound base fare, but nothing on the return base fare.

It would be great if anyone has an idea as to which of these is most likely before I bite the bullet and buy the book.

Thanks

cbonvie Mar 4, 2009 8:57 am

promo code

I am flying from Boston to Aruba on 12/31 and wanted to see if anyone had a promo code that I could use.
Thanks so much

gemac Mar 4, 2009 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cbonvie (Post 11358916)
I am flying from Boston to Aruba on 12/31 and wanted to see if anyone had a promo code that I could use.
Thanks so much

Read the rest of this thread. Your answer is already there.

S4Sammy Mar 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Need promo code for AA 10% On Your Next Trip

I received the AA.com special promo code in an email around 2/27.

I needed to split up a reservation and didn't realize that once I used it.. it was valid only once..... (it's the fine print that I failed to read over)

So now.. I booked a discounted ticket for myself.. (company expensed).. and will be paying more for the tickets for the wife and my daughters. I should had booked the tickets for the wife and kids 1st.

If anyone has a 10% off code that won't be used.... please PM me.. I'd really appreciate it. (That savings could be used for the diapers on the trip). :p

gemac Mar 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by S4Sammy (Post 11394874)
(That savings could be used for the diapers on the trip). :p

Please, I'm begging ya' - even if nobody has a promo code for you, buy the diapers anyway. :D

TSX Mar 20, 2009 5:51 pm

? about promo codes

Hi, I'm a newbie here, im planning a trip in May from DFW to LAS. I would like to know how/where can i get a promo code or coupon for American airlines? any help is appreciated, Thanks.

dstan Mar 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by TSX (Post 11447820)
Hi, I'm a newbie here, im planning a trip in May from DFW to LAS. I would like to know how/where can i get a promo code or coupon for American airlines? any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Welcome to FT, TSX! :)

Your thread has now been merged into the consolidated Promo Code request thread. If you read it carefully, you will find at least one useful solution to your problem.

Please also review the Forum Unofficial User's Guide sticky at the top of the forum, particularly JDiver's Newcomers to this forum, welcome and orientation post. Once you learn how to navigate the forum, you'll find a wealth of information here that will improve your travel experience on AA.

/Moderator

rhondab May 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Looking for promo code for american air

Hi, can someone please tell me where i can get a promo code, im flying out june 13 and looking for a round trip at 300

thanks in advance

magic111 May 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by rhondab (Post 11821982)
Hi, can someone please tell me where i can get a promo code, im flying out june 13 and looking for a round trip at 300

thanks in advance

Welcome to FlyerTalk rhondab.

Do take some time to familiarize yourself with the tools here - the American AAdvantage Wiki, linked to in the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky thread, is full of information, and the Guide itself has lots of links to threads of interest and tools.

There may be a few public codes available - but FlyerTalk prohibits posting unpublished or restricted codes, such as conference or special event codes. Any posted here would be deleted.

Earlier in this thread there is reference to the "Entertainment Book" and that will get you 5% off the base price.

mvoight May 29, 2009 1:39 am

Originally Posted by rhondab (Post 11821982)

thanks in advance

How did you determine you could find code here? Any search that lead you to FT, should have lead you to a thread that tells you where to find codes.

If you can get a group of 10 or more to join you on June 13, you can get a code.

gemac May 29, 2009 9:06 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 11822395)
How did you determine you could find code here? Any search that lead you to FT, should have lead you to a thread that tells you where to find codes.

If you can get a group of 10 or more to join you on June 13, you can get a code.

Past promo code seekers have reported that they came here because of the "other answer" on this Yahoo thread. I did a RBP on that post 3 months ago, stating that the info was totally wrong and it was causing us a lot of grief, and asking them to pull that answer off the thread. Yahoo apparently doesn't care, because it's still up there. The thread is locked, so nobody can post saying that the answer is false. Nice. Thanks, Yahoo.

Yahoo gets a lot of traffic, so expect a continual stream of Yahoos coming here forever for promo codes.

Gabriel0470 May 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Promo code for dfw

Hello everyone.
I'm looking to travel from PHX to DFW on 06/12/09 - 06/15/09 and was wondering if anyone knew of any promo codes that i can use for this timeframe?

Thanks! :p

brp May 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Might I ask what site suggested that you ask here about promo codes?

Cheers.

dstan May 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gabriel0470 (Post 11825148)
Hello everyone.
I'm looking to travel from PHX to DFW on 06/12/09 - 06/15/09 and was wondering if anyone knew of any promo codes that i can use for this timeframe?

Thanks! :p

Welcome to FT, Gabriel0470! :)

Your thread has now been merged into the consolidated Promo Code request thread.

Please take a moment now to review the NEWCOMERS: PLEASE READ FIRST post a the very top of the forum. In particular, members are expected to do their own research prior to posting, using the many tools we have made available.

In particular, that research would have led you to the FAQ a the top of the forum, with the answer to your question.

/Moderator

chanp May 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 11825230)
Might I ask what site suggested that you ask here about promo codes?

Cheers.

LOL, unfort. google has FT as the first choice when u search.