Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Claiming miles without ticket number

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Claiming miles without ticket number

I'm trying to claim miles for an international AA flight I flew on a few weeks back. I had booked the flight on Travelocity and they only issued me with an itinerary and booking reference code. No ticket number on the e-receipt.

After the flight, I only have the small piece of the boarding pass that indicated everything except ticket number. So how do I get my miles credited?

Thanks for your input.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If you pay via a credit card, they should have your eticket number. Otherwise, call travelocity
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by AbyssalLoris
I'm trying to claim miles for an international AA flight I flew on a few weeks back. I had booked the flight on Travelocity and they only issued me with an itinerary and booking reference code. No ticket number on the e-receipt.

After the flight, I only have the small piece of the boarding pass that indicated everything except ticket number. So how do I get my miles credited?

Thanks for your input.
Are you sure you booked a fare that would earn miles?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I earned miles on that trip. I claimed miles for the forward leg and got them credited too. But I had a paper ticket receipt with ticket number for that leg.

To Seawolf: I did use a credit card, but I paid Travelocity not AA. So, do you think Travelocity will be able to hook me up with a ticket number if I call them?

Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Yeah, I earned miles on that trip. I claimed miles for the forward leg and got them credited too. But I had a paper ticket receipt with ticket number for that leg.
You had a paper ticket for the outbound but not the return? I don't understand.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

I had one for each way. Actually they were not 'tickets'. They were boarding passes. For many international flights, these look rather like the tickets you used to get in the days of yore. There is a perforation on one side of the pass and they tear it away when you board or something. I've never really noticed what they do. It so happens that I have the whole thing for the onward journey, but only the little torn away piece for the return flight.

I'm not sure if I'm being clear. It is a little difficult to describe online. In any case, I have a feeling the ticket number is the same for both legs of the journey. Is this correct? If it is, I can simply use the ticket number from the other boarding pass.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
In any case, I have a feeling the ticket number is the same for both legs of the journey. Is this correct? If it is, I can simply use the ticket number from the other boarding pass.
Assuming you purchased a round trip ticket, yes, the ticket number wil be the same.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Assuming you purchased a round trip ticket, yes, the ticket number wil be the same.
Oh, thanks! That clears it up. Now I can be on my way and get my miles. No reason to give up a good 7000 miles.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Oh, thanks! That clears it up. Now I can be on my way and get my miles. No reason to give up a good 7000 miles.
I don't know if this works for tickets not bought from AA, but the refunds site has a ticket number search feature. https://www.refunds.aa.com/

You can search by Passenger name and PNR or by Credit Card Number and Passenger Name. (I'm sure that one wouldn't work for the Travelocity purchased ticket)

It's a game we like to play at FT

If you want to know why your pax flight was canceled, etc use the cargo site.
If you want to know your ticket number for mileage credit, and not a refund, go to the refund site. This also helps if you want to know you booking code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.