Wiki Posts
Search

drugstore.com drops AA shopping?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood
drugstore.com drops AA shopping?

Does anyone know if this is true? I can't find drugstore.com anymore under the merchants listing.

Made a purchase through them a few weeks ago though and no problem then ...
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
That's really disappointing

If I were in your position, I'd expect to receive the miles, though (since, presumably, you made the purchase when they were still partners).

The same thing happened with Red Envelope. I made a purchase, Red Envelope dropped off and I still got the miles. Then, recently, RE was added back in as a partner (maybe because the company was acquired and now has cash again)
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

I've had no problem getting the miles from drugstore.com to date.

My question is whether they are still an AA shopping merchant as I can no longer find them listed.

Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:10 pm

They seem to have dropped off the miles earning lists for Amtrak also.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Beauty.com is still there. Same company. If you use Drugstore, go to Beauty, sign in and view your list. Same list as you had at Drugstore. I hope this solved the problem. I do not relish going out and shopping
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:12 pm

I've stopped ordering from drugstore.com, my last two orders have gone to backordered status after placing my order (despite products showing up as in-stock on the site), then after one month the orders are cancelled and i am told to reorder.

Along with these complaints about dropping partner programs, I can't help but wonder if the company is having financial trouble or has been sold.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Beauty.com avenue works. Thanks for the tip!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:58 am

Ouch. I hope this is temporary. You'd think drugstore.com would just lower the number of miles per dollar first -- since they were relatively high and often participated in bonus promotions.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by neptuno3
Beauty.com avenue works. Thanks for the tip!
AA eshopping always had stern warnings about not being eligible to receive miles from purchases on drugstore.com if you used the beauty.com link from the shopping mall, and vice versa. I'd be careful - don't assume it'll work until it actually posts.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:19 pm

I no longer see Beauty.com on the aadvantageeshopping site.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by phlux
I've stopped ordering from drugstore.com, my last two orders have gone to backordered status after placing my order (despite products showing up as in-stock on the site), then after one month the orders are cancelled and i am told to reorder.

Along with these complaints about dropping partner programs, I can't help but wonder if the company is having financial trouble or has been sold.
I have had the same problem with orders being canceled a week or two later. So, last time I ordered through The Vitamin Shoppe
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott/IHG Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I notice bananarepublic.com is also gone (after I made the purchase and received the credit). They took it out of my favorite list as well.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I echo those that have had trouble with drugstore.com, I have had a couple of orders cancelled and have given up on them. I fear the company is swirling the drain, though I did hear they received a cash injection.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
But Continental still has them as a partner. Even if you don't fly CO, their miles are useful for Amtrak (transfer them to Amtrak Guest Rewards in 5k blocks).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Is there a suitable online pharmacy alternative to drugstore.com? I guess one option is to go (in person ) to Costco and use the citi AAmex (with 20% bonus the first yr).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.