Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Price and schedule enhancement

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
In FF, double-clicking in the AAdvantage number box should produce a list of stored numbers; selecting one should populate the password box (if you've saved it).

Tabbing to the box and using the down arrow would have the same effect, but is much more cumbersome in this instance.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:17 pm

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
No Problem!

I'm not having the problem in either Foxfire - or in IE (which I seldom use). In fact, in IE when I LogOut I have to check the box 'Don't remember me' to avoid it coming up with my AA number the next visit. Of course Firefox remembers both the number and the password.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:25 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by SAN-man
In FF, double-clicking in the AAdvantage number box should produce a list of stored numbers; selecting one should populate the password box (if you've saved it).

Tabbing to the box and using the down arrow would have the same effect, but is much more cumbersome in this instance.
Thanks for the tips about double-clicking and the down arrow - didn't know about those features.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Well, that's it then. Time to switch airlines. This is unthinkable. A new click , what were they thinking? Who can do this? Who has the time? The energy? The hand-eye coordination? I doubt it is even possible. Good-bye AA.
A goal of adding features should be to not break what is already working.
For all we know the "remember me" problem is the tip of the iceberg
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Re: the "Remember Me" default - they probably got a certain amount of feedback from customers asking that 'remember' not the the default setting (I personally like it from a prvacy perspective). My guess is that they have an 'enhancements to-do list' and this one finally percolated its way to the top,
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, they must be psychic; don't they know why we fly?

It is a nice feature - and they could have spent minimal time with the mentioned improvement, but I don't think they're used to the concept. (I'll bet they could get some beta testers here.)

OTOH, as brp says, Firefox is very nice...

Originally Posted by canes98
Good to hear. I thought about suggesting this a few weeks back, but I figured it would fall on deaf ears.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
Unfortunately, AA gives and AA takes away. The other "enhancement" is not so wonderful. Now you have to check the new "Remember my AAdvantage Number on this computer for my next visit" box every time you log in even if it's from the same computer. Thanks for adding the extra click, AA!

This problem is now fixed. You no longer have to click twice to remove your number so that AA.com doesn't remember it.

Like many of us on FT, I book travel for my family, so I'm constantly logging in with 4-5 different AAdvantage numbers and passwords, and I was finding it incredibly irritating that the system kept plugging in the last number I used automatically (even if I unchecked the "remember me" box). But as of a few days ago, it has gone back to the old way, with no additional "click here to forget my number" button to click.

AND....it has a new enhancement that is actually a GOOD enhancement: the system defaults to having the "remember me" box on the main entry page UNCHECKED! So you no longer have to uncheck the box before logging in! ^^
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
This problem is now fixed. You no longer have to click twice to remove your number so that AA.com doesn't remember it.

Like many of us on FT, I book travel for my family, so I'm constantly logging in with 4-5 different AAdvantage numbers and passwords, and I was finding it incredibly irritating that the system kept plugging in the last number I used automatically (even if I unchecked the "remember me" box). But as of a few days ago, it has gone back to the old way, with no additional "click here to forget my number" button to click.

AND....it has a new enhancement that is actually a GOOD enhancement: the system defaults to having the "remember me" box on the main entry page UNCHECKED! So you no longer have to uncheck the box before logging in! ^^
Not for me, it isn't fixed. You're talking about the opposite issue. The problem Gandhi90s references is that, if you want the browser to store the AAdvantage number only (as opposed to using your browser to store login name and password), you have to check the box every time you log in.

i.e. enter number and password, check box to remember number for next visit, login, then logout. The next time you go to log in, you again have to check the box to remember the number, otherwise it won't.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Not for me, it isn't fixed. You're talking about the opposite issue. The problem Gandhi90s references is that, if you want the browser to store the AAdvantage number only (as opposed to using your browser to store login name and password), you have to check the box every time you log in.

i.e. enter number and password, check box to remember number for next visit, login, then logout. The next time you go to log in, you again have to check the box to remember the number, otherwise it won't.
And if that isn't annoying enough, try hitting the tab key after entering your password. Logically, it should take you to the check box where I would hit the spacebar to check it (I try to only use the mouse when absolutely necessary - keyboards are much quicker)...instead it takes you to the top of the page .
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
And if that isn't annoying enough, try hitting the tab key after entering your password. Logically, it should take you to the check box where I would hit the spacebar to check it (I try to only use the mouse when absolutely necessary - keyboards are much quicker)...instead it takes you to the top of the page .
That is annoying - I hadn't noticed that. It still works on the other boxes on that page (for their "go" buttons), which makes no sense. Or makes perfect sense, I guess.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
I have Firefox remember my AAdvantage number and password. Never have to type in anything. Problem solved.

Cheers.
Oh boy, DeJaVu all over again.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *wd Plat, MOO class on WN
I guess I am one of the few that would prefer web pages not to do the cookie thing for identity, or a user/pass manager in a browser.

You have to think of the larger picture here...

sure we do aa.com from our desktops at home, but what about the unsecured terminal at the office or the kiosk or hotel etc.

I make it a point to never use public systems and if I do I check to see I can clear information prior to even starting. It may be an oversight in seeming functionality or it could simply be an anomaly between broswers that it doesn't work like you want/think it needs to. I for one will choose to enter my ids and PW manually (don't even get me started on SSO systems)

that may just be me though....

carry on
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:00 am

Programs: SPG: Platinum
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Havent ever booked a hotel on hilton.com or spg.com have you?

mike
Both work as well as AA.bom.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT

Correct. A real PITA. Why would I want the browser to remember me for just the next visit, when I don't even know when that would be? It makes no sense. If I check the box, it should remember me for all future visits until I uncheck the box.

Originally Posted by ESpen36
That is exactly the problem. It should default to what was checked or unchecked the last time you logged in.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
That is exactly the problem. It should default to what was checked or unchecked the last time you logged in.

Okay, I'll buy that. Sounds good. Unfortunately, I don't think it's smart enough to do that yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.