Wiki Posts
Search

Price and schedule enhancement

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt
Price and schedule enhancement

On AA.com the search by price and schedule option has now been "enhanced". One is now able to see the cheapest prices on three days either side of the chosen return date (previously only available for the chosen departure date). An excellent improvement and incredibly useful. Now if they would only make this thing fast...

Last edited by Ajohn; Jul 25, 2008 at 3:33 am Reason: Actually figured out the darn enhancement!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Ajohn
On AA.com the search by price and schedule option has now been "enhanced". One is now able to see the cheapest prices on three days either side of the chosen return date (previously only available for the chosen departure date). An excellent improvement and incredibly useful. Now if they would only make this thing fast...
Unfortunately, AA gives and AA takes away. The other "enhancement" is not so wonderful. Now you have to check the new "Remember my AAdvantage Number on this computer for my next visit" box every time you log in even if it's from the same computer. Thanks for adding the extra click, AA!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:10 am
Suspended

Nothing pleases the chronic nitpickers on the AA board who all seem to be expert IT programmers

Lets deal with reality: the aa.com interface is unwieldly at best, but it costs money ( perhaps lots and lots) to bring it up to anything approaching top of the line.
Is/should this be a priority for any entity cutting routes and laying off staff?.

Does anyone remember the long thread telling members to be sure to log out of their aa accounts at the ACs? Not to mention the attendant complaints.
So aa.com fixes that... and sure enough we get complaints.

mike
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Nothing pleases the chronic nitpickers on the AA board who all seem to be expert IT programmers

Lets deal with reality: the aa.com interface is unwieldly at best, but it costs money ( perhaps lots and lots) to bring it up to anything approaching top of the line.
Is/should this be a priority for any entity cutting routes and laying off staff?.

Does anyone remember the long thread telling members to be sure to log out of their aa accounts at the ACs? Not to mention the attendant complaints.
So aa.com fixes that... and sure enough we get complaints.

mike
I do know something about IT and programming. You're right that spending money on this kind of thing should not be a priority. But since they went ahead and did it anyway, they could have done it right with one or two extra lines of code. I know of no ecommerce site that makes you check "Remember Me" every time you log in from your own computer.

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Get. A. Life.
Pot, kettle, black.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
I I know of no ecommerce site that makes you check "Remember Me" every time you log in from your own computer.

Pot, kettle, black.
Havent ever booked a hotel on hilton.com or spg.com have you?

mike
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:47 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This smells like a bug to me.

Any good software dsigner/architet woould have specified a more elegant solution.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Havent ever booked a hotel on hilton.com or spg.com have you?

mike
I don't stay in hotels too much so I haven't had that pleasure. But I have heard that they are pretty bad. So you may have got me there.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HNL
This smells like a bug to me.

Any good software dsigner/architet woould have specified a more elegant solution.
I agree. Since the logic for "all future visits" was already there, it seems they could have changed the wording to "remember me for all future visits from this computer".

Then, if they wanted to, they could have added a checkbox for "remember me for my next visit only from this computer", and added their current logic.

I can't figure out why anyone would select this last, though. Seems like it is either a private computer or a public one. If the computer is sometimes public, it doesn't seem to make sense that you would know that nobody would log onto AA.com before the next time you did.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Ajohn
Good to hear. I thought about suggesting this a few weeks back, but I figured it would fall on deaf ears.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:09 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
Unfortunately, AA gives and AA takes away. The other "enhancement" is not so wonderful. Now you have to check the new "Remember my AAdvantage Number on this computer for my next visit" box every time you log in even if it's from the same computer. Thanks for adding the extra click, AA!
I have Firefox remember my AAdvantage number and password. Never have to type in anything. Problem solved.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs up Finally!

Thrilled to have the 3 day before/after tabs on the return flight, and speed isn't an issue on my set at least. Nice enhancement.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:06 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by brp
I have Firefox remember my AAdvantage number and password. Never have to type in anything. Problem solved.
Actually that one doesn't seem to be working for me with this new change - unless I check the box, when I logout and go back to the home page, my AAdv number does not appear, and hence neither does the password. It COULD have to do with the fact that I have multiple AAdv numbers/passwords stored for family members, but I have no way to test that. Fortunately, the first character of each AAdv number is different, so it's still pretty fast with the autocomplete feature.

Kudos on the other change, though.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt PLT, Marriott Silver, National Exec
I dont seem to be havng the problem with the check box. Have you check to see if you are blocking cookies?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:54 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by InTheAirORD
I dont seem to be havng the problem with the check box. Have you check to see if you are blocking cookies?
Not blocking cookies.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:10 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dstan
Actually that one doesn't seem to be working for me with this new change - unless I check the box, when I logout and go back to the home page, my AAdv number does not appear, and hence neither does the password. It COULD have to do with the fact that I have multiple AAdv numbers/passwords stored for family members, but I have no way to test that. Fortunately, the first character of each AAdv number is different, so it's still pretty fast with the autocomplete feature.

Kudos on the other change, though.
If you have multiple entries for a given field, the password remember feature can't do this automatically since it doesn't know which one you want. As you type, once you've typed something unique (only takes one character in your case), it does the right thing. This is the only possible way it could work in this case. So all is good

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.