Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Clubs' definition of a "snack"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, AA PPro
The orange and red cheese like substance with the crackers at the RDU AC is worth the membership fee alone. Anybody else like that "snack"?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by AAChris
The orange and red cheese like substance with the crackers at the RDU AC is worth the membership fee alone. Anybody else like that "snack"?
By AC standards, it's not bad.

Anyway, I agree that the AC snacks could use a lot of improvement. I remember when I flew DL for the first time in a while last year and went into their lounges, I was AMAZED by the choice of snacks (standardized as three different kinds of muffins, date bars, biscotti, morning dried fruit mix, Biscoff in the morning and pretzel mix, nut mix, hummus, olives, crackers, Biscoff, and Nutella at night). I'll admit that I've gotten bored of them as I flown DL more this past year, but it is still far beyond what AA has, and enough to tide me over when necessary. I wish AA would follow and do something at least semi-similar.

Also, what if for alcohol, AA comped it btwn say 5 and 7? That seems to me a decent compromise. What do you think?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I found myself wondering if pretzels and chips are not snacks, then what are they?
What about "Junk Food"?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by bdemaria

I found myself wondering if pretzels and chips are not snacks, then what are they?
I thought they were just to make you more thirsty so you have to buy more drinks
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:50 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Joka
I thought they were just to make you more thirsty so you have to buy more drinks
Except that soft drinks are free. Now, if one really needs a beer to quench the thirst...that's a different story

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by brp
Except that soft drinks are free. Now, if one really needs a beer to quench the thirst...that's a different story

Cheers.
Assuming that the OP didn't want "junk food" I figured he wouldn't want the free "junk drinks" just beer
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
What about "Junk Food"?
Even the NRT AC, supposedly the best in the system, had only some inedible rice balls and bruised bananas. The liquor is free, which makes up for the lack of snacks.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by nrr
Each AC (domestic, non flagship) seems to offer different "specialties" (1)jfk: carrots and celery (most of the day), (2) lga: bagels am...
JFK AC also has bagels in the AM. While better food and real "snacks" would be niice, for me it’s about a comfortable place away from mostly everyone else to wait and get online. ...The showers at the JFK AC are also really nice.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Call me an AApologist - you'd hardly be the first. But I've been a happy AC member for ~fifteen years, and I have few complaints. Of course, EXPs also have use of the Flagship Lounge when there is one (LAX, ORD, JFK) and they are headed (AA version) international, and EMeralds adn Sapphires have access to drink chits the day of international flight in the AC.

But food is not the reason I renew my membership annually.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Originally Posted by AAChris
I agree! I've eaten my fair share of that cheese-like substance. I've never asked what it is, but I probably don't want to know. But Carol (the afternoon bar attendant) is fantastic, and she actually works for AA! (unusual nowadays)
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:19 pm

DFW is our main AC and we wouldn't trade our membership there for anything! As someone else said... a place to escape the gate mobs, plenty of places to sit and relax, internet, spiffy bathrooms, and yes, even snacks of some sort of another (these change all day long at DFW starting with Breakfast bars which we love, then Apple, afternoon cookies, celery and Ranch, cheese and crackers.

Granted, it's not anything we can hardly wait to snack on, but it's there if we need it. A lot of the time, we go through at noon and are quite happy to order a sandwich from the bar. The Hot Cuban Sandwich is outstanding.

The only thing I don't like is no regular Lay's potato chips. Why they only have tasteless baked, I have no idea!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by scubamom
DFW is our main AC and we wouldn't trade our membership there for anything! As someone else said... a place to escape the gate mobs, plenty of places to sit and relax, internet, spiffy bathrooms, and yes, even snacks of some sort of another (these change all day long at DFW starting with Breakfast bars which we love, then Apple, afternoon cookies, celery and Ranch, cheese and crackers.

Granted, it's not anything we can hardly wait to snack on, but it's there if we need it. A lot of the time, we go through at noon and are quite happy to order a sandwich from the bar. The Hot Cuban Sandwich is outstanding.

The only thing I don't like is no regular Lay's potato chips. Why they only have tasteless baked, I have no idea!
The breakfast bars at DFW have been replaced with mini-muffins: one to three varieties. I prefer the lemon poppyseed.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
My primary complaint, particularly at ORD, is the lack of power outlets. Unless you are in the work kiosk area, it is really tough to find available outlets - would it kill AA to install some power strips?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:02 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jtw_mia
The liquor is free, which makes up for the lack of snacks.
Clearly this is a priority for some in choosing/judging clubs; it isn't for all of us.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP-2MM, AC
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
My primary complaint, particularly at ORD, is the lack of power outlets. Unless you are in the work kiosk area, it is really tough to find available outlets - would it kill AA to install some power strips?
Actually they have - there are (or were if they just recently disappeared) power bars along along the windows - just sitting on the window sills periodically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.