Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAir to Eliminate movies on domestic flights, will AA follow?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:49 pm
jaf

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), UAL (Premier Exec), SPG (Platinum), Hyatt (Diamond), Marriott (Plat), Hertz (Prez)
eliminate movies on AA? WHAT movies?? i travel quite a bit from dfw and it seems like 75% of my flights the past 2 years had no entertainment system whatsoever!! - no movies, no audio, nada
Old Jul 11, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by jaf
eliminate movies on AA? WHAT movies?? i travel quite a bit from dfw and it seems like 75% of my flights the past 2 years had no entertainment system whatsoever!! - no movies, no audio, nada
My recent LAX-DFW had some distracting drop-down display of a movie.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
no need for TV with all the drama at the gates and onboard, esp. with boarding pax thinking they're entitled to seats assigned to others and storage space already in use.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by JumboD
Personally, I'd switch to a system that's a hybrid of their current system, and that employed by VX: Make people pay for IFE, but, rather than install expensive (and heavy) IFE systems in each seat, have the personal systems available in transcon/int'l first/biz available at the gate, for a $20 rental charge. Only those who want them will bother, and they'll more than make up for the cost of the fuel to carry them. Of course, they'll still be free in premium cabins, and come with those sweet headphones .
Frontier has a fairly effective PPV system, where you get something like the first ten minutes for free. After you are hooked on a show, you have to pay to finish it. As long as the charge is reasonable and the selection is broad, this works well.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
Frontier has a fairly effective PPV system, where you get something like the first ten minutes for free. After you are hooked on a show, you have to pay to finish it. As long as the charge is reasonable and the selection is broad, this works well.
I think this is free if you have some sort of status
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
But my plan cuts weight as well, as only those who want an IFE player will have one on board (as opposed to having them in every seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.