Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Valid All Partner Award:LAX-AKL(stopover)-AYQ(Ayers Rock), (open jax)-BNE-LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Looking to combine Australia and New Zealand on Qantas in a single award to/from US. Does the above work? Is there a better alternative?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 7:54 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Should work...doubtful you will find award space.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Yes, it is a permitted itinerary.

Originally Posted by AAaLot
Should work...doubtful you will find award space.
I think that's a bit severe. It depends when the OP is planning to travel and in what class.

It is true that the availability may well be an issue. The requirement for a stop in AKL severely limits your options on the westbound, and for the return you should be prepared to fly BNE-SYD (as part of the award) and connect to the trans-Pac.

Also might consider reversing the direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.