Wiki Posts
Search

FA were excellent F RT LAX to FLL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Platinum
Thumbs up FA were excellent F RT LAX to FLL

Just completed non stop RT LAX to FLL. Both flights were full and required two volunteers on the return. We were booked coach, but got e upgraded both ways. We use the nonstop 2 or 3 times per year and will be sorry to see the 2 flights go. Our experience is they are always full or nearly so.

The service in F was excellent. Drinks before takeoff, hot mixed nuts, so so meal with menu, slightly warmed ice cream (not the frozen bricks), hot cookie, after dinner chocolate, the new big blanket and pillow, a small toilet kit, and attentive male FA. It was sort of a min version of J international.

It was one of the best domestic flights I have had in years.

Keep up the good work. ^ I hope AA can make it through the current high gas prices.

Do you think our high gas prices might be the result of Congress not allowing drilling in Alaska, off the coast of CA, in the Gulf of Mexico, off the east coast, or building any new refiners?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by rogodwin
Do you think our high gas prices might be the result of Congress not allowing drilling in Alaska, off the coast of CA, in the Gulf of Mexico, off the east coast, or building any new refiners?
Or, maybe it's because Bush asked Americans to go shopping after 9/11 instead of asking Americans to buy smaller cars and live closer to their offices. The end game is a source of energy other than oil.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
The cause of a price depends on whether it is caused by local or non-local factors. For example, the number of gasoline refineries has no effect on the price of a barrel of oil.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
It was one of the best domestic flights I have had in years.

Keep up the good work. ^ I hope AA can make it through the current high gas prices.
This keeps me optimistic after some of the events in the airline industry lately. ^

And now the countdown begins until this is moved to OMNI.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
No new refineries have been built in 25 years as you'll hear often on mainstream media, but they neglect to mention the billions and billions that have been spent in that same timeframe upgrading and expanding the existing refineries. Practically no one wants a new refinery built near their house, do you?

A good question to ask yourself is why are US oil companies spending as much money on stock buybacks these days than on research and exploration?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
IME AA has been on a roll lately. I flew LHR-LAX in J last week, and the crew were excellent. Not more than 15 minutes went by the entire flight were one of the FA's was up and down both aisles doing a drinks service. With the new seats, AVOD, good catering (didn't have the pizza!) and friendly attentive crew, there was nothing to want for...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by studio76
IME AA has been on a roll lately. I flew LHR-LAX in J last week, and the crew were excellent. Not more than 15 minutes went by the entire flight were one of the FA's was up and down both aisles doing a drinks service. With the new seats, AVOD, good catering (didn't have the pizza!) and friendly attentive crew, there was nothing to want for...
Wow! That's exciting news and I mean that in all sincerity. I"m on the LAX-LHR next week.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
LAX-FLL has great FAs and is almost always on time. With the elimination of this flight on 9/3, there will be no daytime nonstop flights between these 2 cities on any airline. The only alternatives will be redeyes on Spirit (if they're still in usiness on 9/3) and jetBlue out of LGB.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:37 am

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We usually only see the negative ones here. Good to know there are many great FAs still out there!
Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
What is in the mini amenity kits? Didn't think they did any of that on domestic flights.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:50 am

It is a promotional mini kit consisting of lip balm, mist and after-sun lotion. Promotion from AA vacations, allegedly paid for by the distributor.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Jumpcut
LAX-FLL has great FAs and is almost always on time.
I often ride on the shuttle bus to Park-n-Fly with AA crews arriving in in FLL< and they are indeed a great bunch.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:46 am

We are 3% of the worlds population using 25% of the worlds energy. Supply isn't the problem, piggish behavior is. After 9/11 businesses were given a new tax deduction of up to $100,000 to purchase SUVs including Hummers. Gee, I wonder why gas is $5. Duh.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; Hilton Gold; Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by cabledave
We are 3% of the worlds population using 25% of the worlds energy. Supply isn't the problem, piggish behavior is. After 9/11 businesses were given a new tax deduction of up to $100,000 to purchase SUVs including Hummers. Gee, I wonder why gas is $5. Duh.
We're also 25% of the world's economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.