Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI and stand-by priority

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
OLCI and stand-by priority

I've seen numerous posts where people have confirmed checking in online is the same as checking in at a kiosk as far as stand-by priority is concerned. I've had my doubts about that and this past weekend I questioned even more. Here are the details:

- Wife on 7:15 flight from DFW-ORD, checked in online at 7:25pm the night before
- I'm on 8:05 flight from DFW-ORD, checked in online at about 8:15pm the night before

When we get to the gate I'm right before her on the stand-by list...how is that possible if I checked her in 50 minutes before me?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Both the same Elite status?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Seems like I miss something...

Who stood by for which flight ?

Did you choose a third flight next to the ones you were originally booked on ?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Both with no status.

We both stood by for a 5:50 flight. It was Sunday with all the bad weather so we were something like 52 & 53 on the list. I was before her even though I checked in after her. I fly a lot more than her but still no status.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Maybe you got a "distressed pax" status and the order in which the agent put you on the list scrambled everything a bit...

But thats just a guess.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Maybe you got a "distressed pax" status and the order in which the agent put you on the list scrambled everything a bit...

But thats just a guess.
Nope, checked in via kiosk...and if I was a distressed pax wouldn't I have been bumped to the top? I was just one in front of my wife...like I had checked in right before her when in reality she checked in online more than 50 minutes before me.

Might be a fluke but it still makes me wonder about OLCI & stand-by.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jw713
Nope, checked in via kiosk...and if I was a distressed pax wouldn't I have been bumped to the top? I was just one in front of my wife...like I had checked in right before her when in reality she checked in online more than 50 minutes before me.

Might be a fluke but it still makes me wonder about OLCI & stand-by.
Well you said all the bad weather so I would think there are more than you two "distressed" if that would be the case at all... but thats a long shot.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by jw713
how is that possible if I checked her in 50 minutes before me?
Nothing in the new rules says anything about check-in time.

I've also been told - but can't confirm - that fare class or $ matter.

-----Burton
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:59 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by BStrauss3
Nothing in the new rules says anything about check-in time.
What new rules? The OP is referring to standby, not sticker upgrades. AFAIK, we have not received any explicit information that checkin time is no longer relevant to standby priority, the OP's experience notwithstanding.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by dstan
What new rules? The OP is referring to standby, not sticker upgrades.
True - guilty of assuming that since they are managed through the same system and displayed through the same system that the priorities are the same...

-----Burton
Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:50 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by BStrauss3
True - guilty of assuming that since they are managed through the same system and displayed through the same system that the priorities are the same...
I did think about the PALL list and agree that it's possible. However, until we hear otherwise from someone in the know, I have to assume that standby priority has not changed.

Last edited by dstan; Jun 14, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.