Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
ATL-LGA is gone, as of Nov 1. I haven't seen this listed anywhere, but was trying to book a Nov flight, and couldn't get any non-stop--when I called reservations to double check, they didn't know about it either...till they put me on hold and checked....he was none too happy either when he came back on the phone. Getting tougher all the time.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Airtran offers so many daily seats ATL-LGA that DL and AA must find it difficult to make a profit on this route. No surprise that AA pulled the plug.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
Originally Posted by belleNY
ATL-LGA is gone, as of Nov 1. I haven't seen this listed anywhere, but was trying to book a Nov flight, and couldn't get any non-stop--when I called reservations to double check, they didn't know about it either...till they put me on hold and checked....he was none too happy either when he came back on the phone. Getting tougher all the time.
The latest copy of Ragship News (employee publication) lists ATL-LGA as being cut.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
boarding the LGA-ATL early morning last month, the FA overheard me commenting to my son about the empty cabin, (I was hoping AA would not remove the flight)--She said not to worry, AA had the mail contract ....
so much for that theory!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
The cut of ATL-LGA is surprising because as recently as March, the flight was profitable.

It did exceptionally well out the gate, hence it became all-S80s. A 5th daily was even supposed to be added in November.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
A.net is reporting that AA is bringing back MCO-LGA

LGA-MCO:
AA 1753 850a - 1150a
MCO-LGA:
AA 1756 1240p - 310p
Old Aug 20, 2008, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
LGA seems to be getting gutted (the return of MCO set aside). Direct flights to ATL, PIT, MCO, TPA, FLL, MCI, DCA, BOS, and PBI (might have missed a few more) are or will be gone.

Wonder if BNA, CLT, and RDU will remain(?)
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
LGA seems to be getting gutted (the return of MCO set aside). Direct flights to ATL, PIT, MCO, TPA, FLL, MCI, DCA, BOS, and PBI (might have missed a few more) are or will be gone.

CLT is going; PBI wasn't cut. RDU and BNA are definitley not going anywhere.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by MAH4546
CLT is going; PBI wasn't cut. RDU and BNA are definitley not going anywhere.
The large amount of cuts at LGA makes me wonder: is AA attributing those aircraft to different routes, or should we expect to see AA give up gates at LGA (that would surprise me)
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:46 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by belleNY
Where else does AA fly from ATL besides DFW, ORD and STL?

Is the AC there in jeopardy?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Where else does AA fly from ATL besides DFW, ORD and STL?
If you mean non-stop, then MIA as well. If you mean destinations with connections through the foregoing, then many!. Safe Travels.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Hopefully this will help reduce the delays at LGA. Lets hope many other airlines also reduce flights from LGA. PLanes sitting on the run way moving very slowly must use up alot of fuel.

Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan

Originally Posted by ty97
The large amount of cuts at LGA makes me wonder: is AA attributing those aircraft to different routes, or should we expect to see AA give up gates at LGA (that would surprise me)
Originally Posted by sharklover
Hopefully this will help reduce the delays at LGA. Lets hope many other airlines also reduce flights from LGA. PLanes sitting on the run way moving very slowly must use up alot of fuel.
I hope that, somewhere behind the scenes, AA is using its lobbying clout to extend the JFK Airtrain up to LGA. They would benefit tremendously from being able to let people "connect" between LGA & JFK in 20 minutes. And then, the PANYNJ could restrict JFK to 150+ seat aircraft and cap LGA ops at a weather-sustainable level...
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by CO FF
And then, the PANYNJ could restrict JFK to 150+ seat aircraft and cap LGA ops at a weather-sustainable level...

I guess under your thinking PANYNJ should stop Jet Blues new terminal construction, AA's & DL's hubs as no feeders will be available for their international flights. This will surely improve PANYNJ bottom line. All that will be left are the international carriers. I am sure the NYC mayor will not mind DL and AA moving international to another city.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Yeah, I don't get the logic. Sure, it's great for people leaving from the DFW area...but I have to imagine the majority of people on these flights are connecting. Hard to make a 9:45am flight out of Dallas if you live in much of the country.

Not really, given that you gain an hour when flying west.

This connection is doable from just about anywhere that would logically route through DFW on the way to HNL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.