Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Thanks American, your upgrade "enhancement" has destroyed EXP for me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks American, your upgrade "enhancement" has destroyed EXP for me!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by cordata
I would agree except to say that everyone had the opportunity to do 24 hour OLCI.
No, everybody doesn't have that opportunity - that's precisely my point. International travellers are prohibited from OLCI and most AA itineraries for them include domestic segments so those people were treated less favourably.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Mar 18, 2008 at 11:05 pm
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by justforfun
5 years and I've never noticed that. Thanks for the info. See, even useless threads can have some benefit.
I've learnt something there too although when I tried it what I saw merely confirmed something I had known for a long time.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
No, everybody doesn't have that opportunity - that's precisely my point. International travellers are prohibited from OLCI and most AA itineraries for them include domestic segments so those people were treated less favourably.
But they are not prohibited from going to the airport 24 hours in advance to check-in, in most cases. I've done it, so it does work. How much does ya want your upgrade?

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
From the main AA forum page, next the the title of each thread is a column that shows the number of replies. Click on the number and it pulls up a summary.
Cool. And just where did you learn this useful bit of information?

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
The Brunello good tonight? The "E" ain't that close to the "Y."
It was an Australian Cabernet today. We can't be having Brunello (or Brynello) all the time.

Cheers.
Old May 7, 2008, 9:22 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by jdburns11
So let's see if EXP's - your equivalent status - request an upgrade before you, then you should have available a tool that allows you to jump them in line for the upgrade anyway. Please.

If the First class seat is that important to you, then buy it.

System seems more fair to me.

jdburns11
Here! Here! I always thought the old policy was a dirty business. Fair is fair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.