Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Where can I order one? ^

-FlyerBeek

PS. yes, I'm (partly) serious!
Allow me to share some marketing brilliance before you sell these:

I assume, of course, they will be priced:

Ex plats $115.00 (they can afford to pay it)
Plats $25.00
Golds $100.00 (on principle)

Shirts are rented for 1 year at a time, if you don't earn the same status the following year, you can rent it again for a few hundred bucks.

Thanks to previous posters for the most entertaining thread of the day (outside Omni)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
T-shirt and pricing rules are brilliant--as a plat, I agree completely. In keeping with AA spirit though, couldn't there be an option to purchase with miles?

Just out of idle curiosity, does anyone have any idea the numbers of elites? i.e. how many golds, plats, and exps are there in existence? I read somewhere that there were about 60k exps but that was a while ago.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by aajones
Just out of idle curiosity, does anyone have any idea the numbers of elites? i.e. how many golds, plats, and exps are there in existence? I read somewhere that there were about 60k exps but that was a while ago.
Closely held proprietary information. If anyone here does have that information, they won't tell you.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to dash from the inbound plane to the AC and check in immediately (which I was planning to do anyway in order to avoid having to wait for a shower). That way only those EXPs who originate at FRA that day will be ahead of me, and my chances should be pretty good.

And if it doesn't clear, it's not the end of the world. FRA-ORD is a daytime flight, so I really should try to get work done anyway instead of watching the PED. And the added benefit is that I would save an eVIP for use later in the year.

Thanks again.
By all means, don't take that as law. If the upgrade is important to you, I would personally ask everyone I could, from the tix counter, to the AC, to the gate agents. Someone may be willing to. Just don't do what the OP mentions, by insisting you deserve it. Just ask nicely and you may get lucky, but don't be surprised if they say no.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PourMeAnother
Ok...that's my design concept. I want at least 50%

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:38 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
I'm doing this as well but through FRA and then by train to MUC, also tomorrow.
Going to FRA first would have kept us on AA metal, and avoided LHR. Then again, I don't mind LHR...just ORD

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT
What about AAdvantage dog tags?

Here's a deal for 6.99: http://www.dogtagsonline.com/
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA GS, AMEX PLAT, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i remember the days when i thought AA GOLD was amazing (and I was King).

now I look at my self as PLT, and think, wow, I have a ways to go to get to EXP, but with it, all the more glory.

cheers,
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:12 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I hope Blumie posts an over/under for this thread.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by brp
Ok...that's my design concept. I want at least 50%

Cheers.
You're much too modest for that, brp. I'm not
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
In the unlikely event that the level of my importance isn't instantly recognised, I hand out greeting cards to anybody that requires enlightening.

http://www.deanmorriscards.co.uk/ind..._image&pID=248

Last edited by Blueboys999; Feb 14, 2008 at 12:05 am
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
T-Shirts?
Part 2

Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:06 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
I am going to have mine tattooed on my forearm - that way, I'll have permanent status!
Actually was a proposal a while back to replace standard AAdvantage cards with color-coded hats. Black for EXP, Gold, Silver and Blue. That way passsengers would be easily recognizable by the ticket agents at the counter. They could scan the departure lounge and immediately pick out any elites in the wrong line. The hats would also have electronic chips in that would register as you walk by the scanner.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:58 am

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
I know that this is a thread for ranting about fellow pax but...

I was a bit disappointed on my recent flight AA83: an FA refused to let me occupy the center seats (DEG) on the vacant Row 42 where she later stowed her carry-on on two of the seats.

Rows 43 and 44 DEG were also passenger-free, used by FA's, which is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I did later find 40DEG vacated, so I did get to lie down.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
I know that this is a thread for ranting about fellow pax but...

I was a bit disappointed on my recent flight AA83: an FA refused to let me occupy the center seats (DEG) on the vacant Row 42 where she later stowed her carry-on on two of the seats.

Rows 43 and 44 DEG were also passenger-free, used by FA's, which is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I did later find 40DEG vacated, so I did get to lie down.
Clearly your card was not visible enough! Did you have it around your neck? Next time you might consider the shirt idea. She certainly couldn't have refused you then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.