Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA: FRA runs and obnoxious fellow MR passengers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EXP: Apply directly to the forehead

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=#post5726171

If you really want everyone to see just how important you are . . .
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:53 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rumrunner102
had her GOLD card around her neck.
Cool.

Originally Posted by rumrunner102
Maybe it's a new trend.
Why stop at just one card, though? To get real respect I'm going to wear all the blue cards I've collected, threaded onto a tasteful bracelet. The Lufthansa one is so dark it could easily pass for black on a cloudy day.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=#post5726171

If you really want everyone to see just how important you are . . .
Nice idea, but when I (PLT) tried it the staple gun really hurt. Do EXPs get issued with a better-quality gun? Or anaesthetic? Or are they just tougher by design?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:57 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
... Or are they just tougher by design?
That's the ticket!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
I have a different problem... how can I convince the boss (mrs. nd_eric_77) to let me a FRA run during the next couple weeks when I will most likely be "on the bench"??? I have not had much success explaining frequent flying as a "hobby".
I just had this same discussion Saturday. I told the S/O in as serious voice I could that I have something to tell her, that I like to do mileage runs on AA. Expecting her to say "what a waste of money", she thought it was great and wants to join me. I started explaining that's how I wanted to spend my money instead of in bars, partying, etc. Maybe this line will work with you.

It really helped that I was able to upgrade us to FC on the Christmas trip because she was hungry and was able to jump a 4 hour line in BOG by showing a Plat card, so she sees the benefit.

Good luck to you.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
T-Shirts?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Related FRA quick-turn MR question: Can I get my return BPs before I depart the USA? I ask because I'm doing a run this weekend and the return is gonna be REALLY tight for eVIP upgrades--there are only 2 seats left to sell, and I'm sure AA will hold onto them until almost departure time. It will be the battle of the EXPs at the gate (unless somebody wants to do miles+copay)!

So it will make a HUGE difference if I can check in for FRA-ORD 24 hours before departure.

Could I ask at the FL at ORD for my return BP right before I board the ORD-FRA segment? Or perhaps swipe my passport at a kiosk inside security at ORD and see what pops out? Or is it impossible to get international return BPs given the mandatory "international baggage security" questions when departing from FRA?
Based on my limited experience (did first MR this weekend) no. I was denied in the AC in DFW, and then several of us were denied in the FL in ORD. Apparently it has been done in the past, but it is supposedly against policy. Anyways, odds are pretty good that if you can do it, so can the other EXPs fighting for the spot, so the same will hold true.

Last edited by edlin303; Feb 13, 2008 at 5:11 pm
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:10 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PourMeAnother
Nice start! Probably plenty of demand for the Xtreme version, too, though: text twice as large and with a DYKWIFA option. Possibly even DYFKWIFA.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by edlin303
Based on my limited experience (did first MR this weekend) no. I was denied in the AC in DFW, and then several of us were denied in the FL in ORD. Apparently it has been done in the past, but it is supposedly against policy. Anyways, odds are pretty good that if you can do it, so can the other EXPs fighting for the spot, so the same will hold true.

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to dash from the inbound plane to the AC and check in immediately (which I was planning to do anyway in order to avoid having to wait for a shower). That way only those EXPs who originate at FRA that day will be ahead of me, and my chances should be pretty good.

And if it doesn't clear, it's not the end of the world. FRA-ORD is a daytime flight, so I really should try to get work done anyway instead of watching the PED. And the added benefit is that I would save an eVIP for use later in the year.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by moman
I just had this same discussion Saturday. I told the S/O in as serious voice I could that I have something to tell her, that I like to do mileage runs on AA. Expecting her to say "what a waste of money", she thought it was great and wants to join me. I started explaining that's how I wanted to spend my money instead of in bars, partying, etc. Maybe this line will work with you.
I tried the exact same rationale (almost word-for-word) with my last S/O, and she left me within a few months. I guess it takes a special kind of person...

My family thinks I'm crazy as well (but they sure don't complain when I burn my own miles to upgrade them).
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by moman

It really helped that I was able to upgrade us to FC on the Christmas trip because she was hungry and was able to jump a 4 hour line in BOG by showing a Plat card, so she sees the benefit.

Good luck to you.
I'm still trying to think of an angle to use with my SO. Luckily she likes to travel so I don't think it'll be a big deal. I figure I'll use mileage runs to study for the CPA, kill two birds with one stone. That's how I justify it to myself anyway.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:04 pm

Brilliant ^
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Where can I order one? ^

-FlyerBeek

PS. yes, I'm (partly) serious!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
And if it doesn't clear, it's not the end of the world.
HERESY!!!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Originally Posted by brp
In fact. we're heading to Munich tomorrow. Arrive Friday morning, leave Monday morning.

Cheers.
I'm doing this as well but through FRA and then by train to MUC, also tomorrow.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
PourMeAnother - you made my day -- still laughing. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.