Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:19 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Here is the original thread:

New Format for My Account screen (View My Miles pages) on aa.com

In fact, I think what actually happened is that AA rerouted the remaining links (View My Miles) to the new format, which was previously only accessible via the My Account link at the top of the page.

Originally Posted by ESpen36
They were testing this page for a while. Looks like it is now "live" again.
Originally Posted by justageek
Old news, just rolled out the more users.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Just been rolled out to me; absolutely hate it. And what does this mean?

Your January 2008 mileage summary displays YTD elite activity for 2007

Um, actually, it does not; which is as it should be.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dstan
In fact, I think what actually happened is that AA rerouted the remaining links (View My Miles) to the new format, which was previously only accessible via the My Account link at the top of the page.
That was my exact thought as well. I do note that my page now says "Miles with Expiration Deferred Through Jul. 3,2009", as opposed to just a link to the "new 18-month expiration policy" it had been saying since they announced the change. Not that I can't calculate 18 months on my own, of course. Or even come close to 18 months.

And, FWIW, contrary to JustSayGrr's comment, it's working just fine in Safari in my Mac....
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP-2MM, AC
Originally Posted by vasantn
Just been rolled out to me; absolutely hate it. And what does this mean?

Your January 2008 mileage summary displays YTD elite activity for 2007

Um, actually, it does not; which is as it should be.
In fact for me, it does. Although the YTD counters are zeroed on Jan 1, in the January statement created half-way through the month, the year-end-2007 counters seem to be re-instated.

I may be a special case, since I had not elite-qualifying posts in the first half of January.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yul2005
In fact for me, it does. Although the YTD counters are zeroed on Jan 1, in the January statement created half-way through the month, the year-end-2007 counters seem to be re-instated.

I may be a special case, since I had not elite-qualifying posts in the first half of January.
Me too, although I didn't notice it at first. When you get to the page you have to select the Jan stmt, since the "current" default is now beyond it.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
My display is 1400x1050 and I have to page down to see all the info, and I only have two transactions posted this month. I sent feedback through the site. I suggest everyone dissatisfied with the change do the same.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:47 pm

I like the new page. To me it is a much cleaner, more streamlined look.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
All of the same information is there, it's just organized slightly differently. Since I track it myself anyway, I don't need to access it much anyway. Six of one, half dozen of another.

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
system dupe.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by yul2005

OK, just verified that. Not sure why they spent what must have been thousands of programmer-hours to accomplish this, though.

And to me, YTD means current year-to-date. 2007 figures are final and not YTD.

I know I'm nitpicking, but it pains me to see AA's programming resources being wasted in this manner.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP-2MM, AC
Originally Posted by vasantn
OK, just verified that. Not sure why they spent what must have been thousands of programmer-hours to accomplish this, though.

And to me, YTD means current year-to-date. 2007 figures are final and not YTD.

I know I'm nitpicking, but it pains me to see AA's programming resources being wasted in this manner.
Agree that effort may not have been justified. That notwithstanding, it is nice to finally have Year-End numbers show up somewhere, especially if they include those posted after-the-fact in 2008 (can't tell if that is the case because I had no flying in the last half of December). But it would have been nice, given that they were inventing a new format, if they had labeled them "2007 Year-End".
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1P, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JustSayGrr
I'll fifth DENROC's emotion. Doesn't play well with Safari.

I don't mind it, and it woks fine with Safari 3.04 for me.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA PLT/AC
Not digging it at all. Too much more display real estate for the same data.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:11 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My wish was that they kept the link for My Reservations in the My Account screen. Now to see you need to access the left menu which is a couple more clicks. Oh well.

--DD73

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.