Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need segments out of DFW for Exec Plat.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Need segments out of DFW for Exec Plat.

Looks like I am going to need 4 segments to hit Exec Platinum. Any suggestions on the cheapest flights from DFW to get 4 segments?? Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I would do two round-trips to Austin. I think they can be had for $98 + taxes each and can be done relatively quickly.

Usually you go down and back on the same plane.....especially if flying out of DAL.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLAT, SPG Gold
Austin round trips are probably best for segments from DFW. Problem is, if you have to have those segments before Dec. 31, you may have a hard time getting a good rate, since alot of those are already sold out. If you have to do these four segments in one day, you might consider DFW-IAH twice. You can at least do that one twice in the same day now for pretty cheap.

For instance, if you fly on Dec. 18 you can go back and forth twice, netting 4 segments, for $233.60 A/I, though it burns almost the whole day. Just a thought.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA GS, AMEX PLAT, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
or 2 DFW-TUL trips.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by netsc
or 2 DFW-TUL trips.
TUL, AUS, HOU are all about $100+ RT 14 day AP.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:28 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Go to www.farecompare.com

Choose "getaway maps" from DFW on AA for the desired week.

Here's a link: http://www.farecompare.com/maps/myAi...210&airline=AA

Find something you like. Buy it. Fly it. Enjoy EXP.

Alternatively, go to AA.com, click on "NetSAAver and special offers", click on "Fare Sales" and choose from-airport DFW.

Here's a link:
http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Net...horEvent=false

Find a price you like, click on the price, and see if it's available on the desired day of travel.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by zman
TUL, AUS, HOU are all about $100+ RT 14 day AP.
Don't forget OKC. (And you probably want IAH, rather than HOU. HOU is Eagle-only.)
Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
There is always SAT. Which, btw, is the most popular tourist destination in all of Texas.I know this because they keep telling me this as I wait at the airport for my bags...
Old Dec 5, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
The beauty of most of these (especially DAL - AUS) is that you usually turn right around, get back on the same plane and not have to go through security again. ^
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
SAT or STL are good choices.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by Deltahater
There is always SAT. Which, btw, is the most popular tourist destination in all of Texas.I know this because they keep telling me this as I wait at the airport for my bags...
If you were going to pick SAT or AUS ...

DFW-SAT shows $82 each way (all-day search for 13 Dec), about $200 all-in ... kinda steep, but $400 is probably worth a year+ as EXP ...

DFW-AUS and DAL-AUS show the same.

It's only a couple of minutes' difference, and the DFW-AUS/SAT flights are in Mad Dogs v. ER4s for DAL-AUS. I'd take the DFW-AUS/SAT depending on how much time you have to burn and on whether you have an AC membership (AUS) or President's Club (or DL or NW club) membership (free wifi and drinks at SAT).

But surely you can find something cheaper than that ...

cheers!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Only b/c companies book conventions near that sewer people sometimes call the River Walk....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.