Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 questions: Search Function and UG Strategy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

2 questions: Search Function and UG Strategy

The first question relates to my inability to find the answer to my second. The search function seems to require 4 characters in order to perform a search, so if I want to search for something like MIA or UG in a thread title, I seem to be out of luck. There's got to be a way around this. Could someone please enlighten me?

Secondly, there was a thread around here earlier this summer with the best strategy for automatic upgrades. Calling at X window, doing OLCI, but stopping at the option to print out your boarding pass, etc. Has this thread been removed? I tried searching for "strategy" and "upgrade," both of which I thought were in the thread title, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:28 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
MIA* will help (wildcard)

This thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hlight=upgrade
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JGR01
MIA* will help (wildcard)

This thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hlight=upgrade
That's the one. Thanks!

So upgrad* would have been the way to go. I appreciate the help.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
If you use Advanced Search, the Beta Search at the bottom of the page does allow three character search.

This is explained in the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky, which also contains a number of useful thread links, including the one in question, a link to the excellent member-maintained Wiki (see this Wiki page, and one to the Definitive Search thread.)

Originally Posted by millions
The first question relates to my inability to find the answer to my second. The search function seems to require 4 characters in order to perform a search, so if I want to search for something like MIA or UG in a thread title, I seem to be out of luck. There's got to be a way around this. Could someone please enlighten me?

Secondly, there was a thread around here earlier this summer with the best strategy for automatic upgrades. Calling at X window, doing OLCI, but stopping at the option to print out your boarding pass, etc. Has this thread been removed? I tried searching for "strategy" and "upgrade," both of which I thought were in the thread title, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
I tried searching for "strategy" and "upgrade," both of which I thought were in the thread title, but couldn't find it.
So upgrad* would have been the way to go.
I don't understand why you think upgrad* is a better choice. When I tried "upgrade" as a key word, the thread you were looking for appeared on page 4 of the search results. It didn't show up until page 5 when I used the term "upgrad*".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.