Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Sales - where oh where can you be?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD (thanks to this board!!), UA, MA
Fare Sales - where oh where can you be?

I've been trying to get a decent fare sale for travel ORD-TPA anytime mid-Feb to the end of March....the prices have been pretty high, considering I booked this exact same trip last year for $130 all in. Now the lowest I can find in that time span is close to $300. I realize Easter is earlier this year and probably has something to do with it. Last year my tickets were signed, sealed, and delivered at the beginning of September!

Any educated guesses on when I can expect better pricing? I have one child in school so I am trying to not take her out of class for more than 4 or 5 days.... I'm also willing to jump over to UA if I have to, as I have a free ticket waiting there...three of us will be traveling. We wish to be gone for 8-10 days. Daughter has days off 2/15 and 2/18.

TIA!!

Last edited by AAShel; Oct 16, 2007 at 12:31 pm Reason: forgot something
Old Oct 16, 2007, 1:34 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
www.farecompare.com might be helpful for you looking for the lowest prices

also aa has some DealFinder software that might help

Seriously tho ORD-TPA in the throws of winter? What you want? A cheap ticket or a warm beach to enjoy???
Old Oct 16, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
I've had the same problem trying to get a "cheap" flight from STL to LAX. Last year I was done by mid Sept for for the 1st week of March with a fare of around $220 all in.

This year, no luck. It was around $440 and has come down to around $320, but nothing like last year.

Must be that early Easter.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by pkerr

Must be that early Easter.
Don't forget the increased fuel surcharges.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAEXP, and every other one on the planet
there will be no sales this year...

Originally Posted by AAShel
I've been trying to get a decent fare sale for travel ORD-TPA anytime mid-Feb to the end of March....the prices have been pretty high, considering I booked this exact same trip last year for $130 all in. Now the lowest I can find in that time span is close to $300. I realize Easter is earlier this year and probably has something to do with it. Last year my tickets were signed, sealed, and delivered at the beginning of September!

Any educated guesses on when I can expect better pricing? I have one child in school so I am trying to not take her out of class for more than 4 or 5 days.... I'm also willing to jump over to UA if I have to, as I have a free ticket waiting there...three of us will be traveling. We wish to be gone for 8-10 days. Daughter has days off 2/15 and 2/18.

TIA!!
Seriously, have you been on these friggin' overcrowded planes lately? AA planes are so full they can push higher fares...

Cheers
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

TIA!!
Well, if UA can offer you a $130 fare, that would be great.
Do they have this fare and a free seat for the days you want to travel?
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:58 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
They are out there, but few and far between. I'm holding some SFO-FLL for about $218 (before taxes) in January. Doesn't suck, but there's not a whole lot around.

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I've been trying to get a decent fare sale for travel ORD-TPA anytime mid-Feb to the end of March.
You just missed some decent fares to TPA. I flew SAN-TPA for around $250, and saw even lower fares on AA. But they ended a week or so ago. They were for travel this fall, so that wouldn't have helped for a trip next year. I wouldn't expect fare sales for Feb/Mar travel to start until Dec/Jan.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Seems to me that the fares are not dropping until closer to the flight dates lately. It was at least six or seven weeks later than ususal this year when I finally found sale fares for a trip that we take every year in late November. And before it finally dropped, the fare had been about twice what we were used to seeing.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:39 pm

You'll find some good fares to Europe on AA metal at this time. And, at better EQM's than ORD-TPA. A few days ago I booked 2 for the beginning of the year MSN-STL-DFW-FRA-DFW-STL-MSN, 12,374 EQM's @ $599.90 ai each. I see similar fares from ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.