Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just 18k more miles to go. - 982,079
It took me about 5 years to reach 1 million. I didn't start flying AA until 2006.
Hopefully, I can get to the 2 million mark in the next 3 years.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, 2MM Mile
Smile

What a week on AA! I passed 2 million miles. Flew my 61st segment today (not that it's important any more with 2MM). And the impossible to upgrade into fully booked two weeks in advance business class cabin on AA 788 from MIA to STX left with me and three empty seats! And there was a steel band playing in baggage claim in STX (doesn't happen very often). Thanks, AA, for a great flying year!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by reLAX
I crossed the 3 million mile threshold about 10 days ago and just got an email with this paragraph:

Anyone know if the awards will still include SWUs/eVIPs? Seems odd to mention something as trivial as a new membership card but not call out something much more significant.
Yes, every MM (after the first - unless you have a foreign address in which case you earn them on reaching 1MM) still earns you 4 SWUs.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
Currently at 952k and have 3 TATL's in the next 3 weeks. Looks like around Jan. 13th I'll finally pass 1MM after being an AA member just under 9 years.

I am severely pumped for my SWU's so I can plan my summer trip to South America.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Miles necessary to pass the 2MM mark posted on 12/25. I haven't rec'd any notification/email from AA but I do have an add'l 4 SWUs in my account as of this am.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Congrats bdemaria!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.0 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Natl Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
Platinum Card, letter and tags arrived today

Letter is actually part of a booklet titled, "A better way to fly. Congratulations on achieving 2 million miles
2010 Benefits Guide"

First page has the following: (dated December 2010)

"Dear Mr. Dante60093,

You have achieved a milestone very few members ever will. Thank you for your business and congratulations on earning 2,000,000 total program miles and joining the exclusive ranks of members who achieve multi-Million Miler status.

This designation includes AAdvantage Platinum membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Platinum program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity..............."

So the all-important lifetime statement is still in there.

Letter, card and luggage tags arrived 20 days after receipt of the email.

Dante

Originally Posted by dante60093
Here's another data point. Appears that Thumper and I are tracking on the dates.

AA.com Aadvantage Account shows 2 MM miles on Dec 3
Status changes from Gold to Platinum on Dec 6
4 SWUs appear in my account on Dec 7
AA Email in my InBox this morning on Dec 8

Interestingly enough, I had the same kind of sequencing when I crossed the 1 MM mark. Also, the letter, luggage tags arrived exactly 19 days after the receipt of the email.

- Dante
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
That's a nice holiday present!

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Miles necessary to pass the 2MM mark posted on 12/25. I haven't rec'd any notification/email from AA but I do have an add'l 4 SWUs in my account as of this am.
As I creep closer and closer to 2MM, I am getting a little nervous. That old excitment is returning. Won't make it in 2011, but maybe in 2012. That would make it about a 10 year long journey for me. Not too bad...really.

Would not have had a chance without FT! Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Congratulations Dante!

Originally Posted by dante60093
Letter is actually part of a booklet titled, "A better way to fly. Congratulations on achieving 2 million miles
2010 Benefits Guide"

First page has the following: (dated December 2010)

"Dear Mr. Dante60093,

You have achieved a milestone very few members ever will. Thank you for your business and congratulations on earning 2,000,000 total program miles and joining the exclusive ranks of members who achieve multi-Million Miler status.

This designation includes AAdvantage Platinum membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Platinum program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity..............."

So the all-important lifetime statement is still in there.

Letter, card and luggage tags arrived 20 days after receipt of the email.

Dante
Please share your ways and means to help the next folks along this path.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: AA - 1MM EXP
Just rolled over the 1MM on Dec 28th as well as flew the last 15K miles for the year to put me to 110K flown in 2010. Not an amazing total for the year but nice to roll to EXP.

Thank FT.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imouttatown
Just rolled over the 1MM on Dec 28th as well as flew the last 15K miles for the year to put me to 110K flown in 2010. Not an amazing total for the year but nice to roll to EXP.

Thank FT.
Please stay around FT and share what you know! Congratulations on your accomplishments.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:08 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by imouttatown

Thank FT.
Congrats on your 1MM and congrats on your first post, imouttatown!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Congratulations! Passing that milestone was like getting a huge monkey off my back.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:54 am

What a difference a decade makes

I joined AAdvantage when I was still in school. It took over 10 years to reach 1MM. Now it took me just under 3 years to get to 2MM.(12/29 on a DFW>STL leg) I guess having a real job makes a difference.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:04 am

Lifetime Gold

I have been reader/follower of FT for many years. This is my first post.

Two weeks ago I achieved lifetime gold and I owe a big thank you to the many FT contributors who shared their “tricks & tips” about maximizing miles accumulation. Thank you for helping me reach this milestone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.