Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I passed 2m under new rules about 3 weeks ago. Still no sign of evips in my account and no communication from as. How long does it take?
Did you pass 2M in "Program to date miles" or in "Million Miler Balance" ?

I just passed 3M in "Million Miler Balance" on Thursday, and 4 SWUs with an expiration date of Feb. 2014 appeared in my account today (Saturday).
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:45 pm

5 million miles

Hi there,

here is my balance with AA

Million Miler Balance** 4,816,888
Program to Date Miles 4,992,390

I am about 8,000 miles short of reaching 5M miles. I will probably get 2 VIP's upgrades from AA, and that's it.

Anybody else out there with 5M miles?

Cadiz
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cadiz
Hi there,

I am about 8,000 miles short of reaching 5M miles. I will probably get 2 VIP's upgrades from AA, and that's it.

Cadiz
Congrats - not bad.

I think you'll get 4 eVIPs for this. See here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp

"At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades"
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by josephstern
Hi there,

Cadiz

Congrats - not bad.

I think you'll get 4 eVIPs for this. See here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp

"At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades"
Except that you still have 183,112 miles to go, not 8k... it's the "Million Miler Miles" that count toward those 4 eVIPs.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Except that you still have 183,112 miles to go, not 8k... it's the "Million Miler Miles" that count toward those 4 eVIPs.
Right - my bad there.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, Sr. Gaditano. (And some with many more than that, as well.)

Under the new program, discussed in the link in the WikiPost above, the terms of the new program - which now only counts Base Miles (also called "Butt-in-seat" here and are the same, essentially, as Elite-Qualfying Miles) toward Million Miler status (as of 1 Dec 2011).

Your Program to Date Miles counter will tick over 5 million, but with 8,000 miles further to be flown, your Million Miler Balance will only reflect ~4,824,888 miles. When that happens you will earn four (not 2) SWUs and have the (5M) logo on your new tags and status card.

We'll be awaiting that post in the new thread.

Hi there,

Cadiz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator with 1 */Hilton Diamond for Life / Starwood Gold for Life /Marriott Platinum
I've been doing 150,000+ miles each year for about 5 years with Lufthansa, been at Senator status for probably 7 of the last 10 years. Does anyone know if Lufthansa operate any similar such scheme? I've been rewarded by Starwood "Lifetime Gold" in honor of the stays I have with them over the past 15 years or so. It would be interesting in LH operates a similar scheme. Air France /KLM Flying Blue used to offer a lifetime Platinum if it had been held for ten consecutive years, regretfully, I had to bale out after 7 years.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxduke
I've been doing 150,000+ miles each year for about 5 years with Lufthansa, been at Senator status for probably 7 of the last 10 years. Does anyone know if Lufthansa operate any similar such scheme? I've been rewarded by Starwood "Lifetime Gold" in honor of the stays I have with them over the past 15 years or so. It would be interesting in LH operates a similar scheme. Air France /KLM Flying Blue used to offer a lifetime Platinum if it had been held for ten consecutive years, regretfully, I had to bale out after 7 years.
See this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18926582-post12.html
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
14 months too late, I just crossed 2 million LT miles. As I mentioned previously, I'd think about turning in some of my RDM to "buy" miles that count toward MM status. Otherwise, unless US miles get rolled into my AA MM balance (assuming a merger) like they did for TWA miles, I'm permanently stuck at LT Gold.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
With AAdvantage being the likely survivor of any merger, I'm not too worried that LT status will go but I'm worried about a 4th tier being introduced. LT Plat (which is what I'm going for) is most useful to me in the form of OW Sapphire status but, if we get a tier at 75k, you can bet that Plat won't remain OW Sapphire.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
14 months too late, I just crossed 2 million LT miles. As I mentioned previously, I'd think about turning in some of my RDM to "buy" miles that count toward MM status. Otherwise, unless US miles get rolled into my AA MM balance (assuming a merger) like they did for TWA miles, I'm permanently stuck at LT Gold.
How do you redeem RDM that count toward MM balance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.