Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

 
Old May 19, 12, 8:21 am
  #2401  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Posts: 495
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
I passed 2m under new rules about 3 weeks ago. Still no sign of evips in my account and no communication from as. How long does it take?
Did you pass 2M in "Program to date miles" or in "Million Miler Balance" ?

I just passed 3M in "Million Miler Balance" on Thursday, and 4 SWUs with an expiration date of Feb. 2014 appeared in my account today (Saturday).
altaskier is offline  
Old Oct 26, 12, 12:45 pm
  #2402  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
5 million miles

Hi there,

here is my balance with AA

Million Miler Balance** 4,816,888
Program to Date Miles 4,992,390

I am about 8,000 miles short of reaching 5M miles. I will probably get 2 VIP's upgrades from AA, and that's it.

Anybody else out there with 5M miles?

Cadiz
Cadiz is offline  
Old Oct 26, 12, 12:47 pm
  #2403  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 8,282
Originally Posted by Cadiz View Post
Hi there,

here is my balance with AA

Million Miler Balance** 4,816,888
Program to Date Miles 4,992,390

I am about 8,000 miles short of reaching 5M miles. I will probably get 2 VIP's upgrades from AA, and that's it.

Anybody else out there with 5M miles?

Cadiz
Congrats - not bad.

I think you'll get 4 eVIPs for this. See here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp

"At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades"
josephstern is offline  
Old Oct 29, 12, 10:34 am
  #2404  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SFO/OAK
Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Posts: 2,707
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Originally Posted by Cadiz
Hi there,

here is my balance with AA

Million Miler Balance** 4,816,888
Program to Date Miles 4,992,390

I am about 8,000 miles short of reaching 5M miles. I will probably get 2 VIP's upgrades from AA, and that's it.

Anybody else out there with 5M miles?

Cadiz

Congrats - not bad.

I think you'll get 4 eVIPs for this. See here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp

"At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades"
Except that you still have 183,112 miles to go, not 8k... it's the "Million Miler Miles" that count toward those 4 eVIPs.
billgrates3 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 12, 10:44 am
  #2405  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 8,282
Originally Posted by billgrates3 View Post
Except that you still have 183,112 miles to go, not 8k... it's the "Million Miler Miles" that count toward those 4 eVIPs.
Right - my bad there.
josephstern is offline  
Old Oct 29, 12, 4:59 pm
  #2406  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,848
Yes, Sr. Gaditano. (And some with many more than that, as well.)

Under the new program, discussed in the link in the WikiPost above, the terms of the new program - which now only counts Base Miles (also called "Butt-in-seat" here and are the same, essentially, as Elite-Qualfying Miles) toward Million Miler status (as of 1 Dec 2011).

Your Program to Date Miles counter will tick over 5 million, but with 8,000 miles further to be flown, your Million Miler Balance will only reflect ~4,824,888 miles. When that happens you will earn four (not 2) SWUs and have the (5M) logo on your new tags and status card.

We'll be awaiting that post in the new thread.

Originally Posted by Cadiz View Post
Hi there,

here is my balance with AA

Million Miler Balance** 4,816,888
Program to Date Miles 4,992,390

I am about 8,000 miles short of reaching 5M miles. I will probably get 2 VIP's upgrades from AA, and that's it.

Anybody else out there with 5M miles?

Cadiz
JDiver is offline  
Old Oct 30, 12, 10:12 am
  #2407  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BHX (home) /MXP/ICN/PVG/anywhere /
Programs: Lufthansa Senator with 1 */Hilton Diamond for Life / Starwood Gold for Life /Marriott Platinum
Posts: 26
I've been doing 150,000+ miles each year for about 5 years with Lufthansa, been at Senator status for probably 7 of the last 10 years. Does anyone know if Lufthansa operate any similar such scheme? I've been rewarded by Starwood "Lifetime Gold" in honor of the stays I have with them over the past 15 years or so. It would be interesting in LH operates a similar scheme. Air France /KLM Flying Blue used to offer a lifetime Platinum if it had been held for ten consecutive years, regretfully, I had to bale out after 7 years.
maxduke is offline  
Old Oct 30, 12, 10:46 am
  #2408  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 8,282
Originally Posted by maxduke View Post
I've been doing 150,000+ miles each year for about 5 years with Lufthansa, been at Senator status for probably 7 of the last 10 years. Does anyone know if Lufthansa operate any similar such scheme? I've been rewarded by Starwood "Lifetime Gold" in honor of the stays I have with them over the past 15 years or so. It would be interesting in LH operates a similar scheme. Air France /KLM Flying Blue used to offer a lifetime Platinum if it had been held for ten consecutive years, regretfully, I had to bale out after 7 years.
See this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18926582-post12.html
josephstern is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 9:29 am
  #2409  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Posts: 1,766
14 months too late, I just crossed 2 million LT miles. As I mentioned previously, I'd think about turning in some of my RDM to "buy" miles that count toward MM status. Otherwise, unless US miles get rolled into my AA MM balance (assuming a merger) like they did for TWA miles, I'm permanently stuck at LT Gold.
ExitRowAisle is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 10:49 am
  #2410  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 1,714
With AAdvantage being the likely survivor of any merger, I'm not too worried that LT status will go but I'm worried about a 4th tier being introduced. LT Plat (which is what I'm going for) is most useful to me in the form of OW Sapphire status but, if we get a tier at 75k, you can bet that Plat won't remain OW Sapphire.
Stripy is offline  
Old Feb 12, 13, 3:44 am
  #2411  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle View Post
14 months too late, I just crossed 2 million LT miles. As I mentioned previously, I'd think about turning in some of my RDM to "buy" miles that count toward MM status. Otherwise, unless US miles get rolled into my AA MM balance (assuming a merger) like they did for TWA miles, I'm permanently stuck at LT Gold.
How do you redeem RDM that count toward MM balance?
syzygy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: