Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:31 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
This thread has inspired me! I've just passed 500K and I've set the goal for myself of getting my 1M within three years! I'm sorry I didn't get serious about this mission sooner! My two Citibank cards will be getting a good workout! Unfortunately, I simply can't get myself to desert BA CW for AA J for my LAX-LHR runs -- come on AA -- it's time for a competetive long-haul product!

Anyhow -- thanks to all -- I will be looking for every mile trick I can find and sending my wife a lot fo FTD flowers!
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BLG
I will be looking for every mile trick I can find and sending my wife a lot fo FTD flowers!
You are looking in the right place for tricks. I first flew AA in 2004, I am at 800k Lifetime now, and expect the other 200k within one year. (I fly 30k-60k per year.) 3 Years for 500k is certainly doable.....
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA L/T Gold
will cross 1 million today

Program to Date Miles: 999,448

yippeee!!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, SPG - Plat
Very cool. Congrats. I hit Exec Plat for the first time last week.
1 mill is not in the near future for me though. Great accomplishment.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Well done

How long did that take - I am still in the 100,000's LOL
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA L/T Gold
a long time!!!

Last Activity Date: 11/09/07
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I hope I do not get bored before I hit 1 million LOL
Old Nov 14, 2007, 3:33 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Congrats! I just passed 500K -- I think I'm about 3 yrs away -- can't wait to join you!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Congrats!

Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
I hit 1 million over a year ago now. It's amazing how fast the miles add up. As of today I am at 1.4 million ever closer to that 2
Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:15 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by mlgagne
Program to Date Miles: 999,448

yippeee!!
But did you find an offshore friend for your mailing address
Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:18 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
amazing how people forget there is a consolidated 'bragging' thread for this kind of thing

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704796
Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Exclamation MM level benefits secured ?

I talked to an AAngel in the AC last weekend about my tight qualification this year and I left a comment like "it will take a few more years that I hit MM and dont have to worry about this anymore".

The AAngel said that AA thinks about a policy change and rising up the miles levels for this perk of lifetime membership, probably at the end of the year.

I asked if there is any communication about this. She said since it was never official that AA offers Lifetime Membership so nothing will be published.

She was an older lady in the LAX club and seems she had some kind of seniority.

However, I dont want to stray rumors just because of the comments of one employee. This doesnt effect me but I thought in case anyone is just a few miles away from 1MM/2MM it couldnt be bad to do a transfer now !

Maybe we get any kind of an insider tip here !?

Cheers,
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:04 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I talked to an AAngel in the AC last weekend about my tight qualification this year and I left a comment like "it will take a few more years that I hit MM and dont have to worry about this anymore".

The AAngel said that AA thinks about a policy change and rising up the miles levels for this perk of lifetime membership, probably at the end of the year.

I asked if there is any communication about this. She said since it was never official that AA offers Lifetime Membership so nothing will be published.

She was an older lady in the LAX club and seems she had some kind of seniority.

However, I dont want to stray rumors just because of the comments of one employee. This doesnt effect me but I thought in case anyone is just a few miles away from 1MM/2MM it couldnt be bad to do a transfer now !

Maybe we get any kind of an insider tip here !?
did not want to risk it, so transferred enough spg points a minute ago. will hit 1mm miles now within a week after a LAS trip over thanksgiving. i however remember reading the same dire warnings at least twice during the previous years around the same time so don't be surprised if nothing changes ...
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:14 am
Suspended

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.