Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
I was able to enter the MIA AAdmirals club on Sunday with only a boarding pass, so the membership shows up if AA pulls you up. This was for a domestic flight.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Nice additional perks for the CK level.

Not sure if this has been answered, but does code-share spend on OW carriers count towards CK level or is it just AA metal or????
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Top revenue generators would have already been EXP. @:-)
+1.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Maybe. Maybe not. I would imagine that 5-6 annual r/t between JFK/MIA and LHR/GRU on full-fare F tickets would make you a top spender but wouldn't have you at EXP.

I also thought that "top revenue generators" also included those with considerable influence over others' travel in spite of perhaps not traveling that frequently themselves.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Maybe. Maybe not. I would imagine that 5-6 annual r/t between JFK/MIA and LHR/GRU on full-fare F tickets would make you a top spender but wouldn't have you at EXP.

I also thought that "top revenue generators" also included those with considerable influence over others' travel in spite of perhaps not traveling that frequently themselves.
I was speaking specifically about individual travelers are their own spend - not influencers/arrangers. But your point is valid. There is a DL board thread now rumoring that SM is going to a $$$ based point system instead of mileage.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:08 pm

I was speaking specifically about individual travelers are their own spend - not influencers/arrangers. But your point is valid. There is a DL board thread now rumoring that SM is going to a $$$ based point system instead of mileage.
Which, as related by JonNYC, is precisely who the program was started for. I would say that point is not just relevant, but essential when discussing the overall makeup of CK.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA CK, Delta PLT, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott/SW Plt
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Has anyone received a 2012 CK membership kit yet ?
Mine came... and as usual the CK card has no magnetic strip it just proves you are a member and has the telephone number... The letter promised information about EXP soon ... but as I have been at this level for 11 years I am not expecting anything additional.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JNB280
Which, as related by JonNYC, is precisely who the program was started for. I would say that point is not just relevant, but essential when discussing the overall makeup of CK.
I totally agree. However, I specifically was referring to the individual flier composition.

If I am read that correctly, the insinuation is there are less than 10,000 CKs who attained the status based on their own individual flying.

It would be interesting to know how many of those top individual revenue fliers were not EXP.

In terms of the initial make-up of CK, all I know is I had been VIP for years - no idea why - no idea when, but I remember seeing it on the manifest whenever I was able to sneak a peak. Every time I flew to LHR I was met w a sign and buggy and whenever I had a transit that was near the MCT I got the nice private van. A couple times I was even picked up at the stand from my inbound BA flight and taken by private van across to T3 and through security for my AA flight. Whatever got me the VIP status didn't make the cut to CK. At NRT I also got nice courtesy meet and greets and then from time to time at LAX, ORD and JFK. I got a few double upgrades - no idea if that was related. Aside from the above I can't say anything else tangible I received from being a VIP.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
I totally agree. However, I specifically was referring to the individual flier composition.

If I am read that correctly, the insinuation is there are less than 10,000 CKs who attained the status based on their own individual flying.

It would be interesting to know how many of those top individual revenue fliers were not EXP.
Not sure what if any indication it is, but at some point UA specifically advertised that there were GS1K and GS1P members, so if AA's program is similar then there would be CKPLT and CKEXP members by design.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: AA CK/EXP/1MM, UA Conscientious Objector, Hyatt CC, SPG Plat, HH Diamond VIP
Agreed, and a point I already make in my post...

'due largely to the simple fact that the number of CKs is relatively small and the majority of us already have EXP...'
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: AA CK/EXP/1MM, UA Conscientious Objector, Hyatt CC, SPG Plat, HH Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
A very good point and, more importantly, very true.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by UpInTheAirAgain
Mine came... and as usual the CK card has no magnetic strip it just proves you are a member and has the telephone number... The letter promised information about EXP soon ... but as I have been at this level for 11 years I am not expecting anything additional.
Mine came as well - mine actually does have a magnetic strip on it.

Also, what is the five digit number in the lower-right corner of the back of the card? It appears to be unique (i.e. not pre-printed on).
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA CK, Delta PLT, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott/SW Plt
Originally Posted by newaroundhere
Mine came as well - mine actually does have a magnetic strip on it.

Also, what is the five digit number in the lower-right corner of the back of the card? It appears to be unique (i.e. not pre-printed on).
Well maybe I need to call in CSI as I see a blacker strip across the back but it does not appear to be a magnetic strip ... it's off to the forensic lab or maybe I'll try using it next time I am at the airport ...the five digit number is new.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Picture of a card?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Five-digit numbers were on the AC cards last year too....but not there this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.