Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plat Challenge Question.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by gemac
The fact that they didn't give one person (you) the option to go further back does not mean that they would not have allowed you to do so if you asked, or that others would not be allowed to do so. It is possible that a flight more than two weeks prior would not have posted yet, particularly if it was on a codeshare. Since AA offers some pretty long codeshares, it could be desirable to backdate more than two weeks.
So would backdating more than two weeks matter? Even if the flight was more than two weeks earlier, would the flight date matter, or just the date (presumably some time in the future) that the miles post?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JumboD
So would backdating more than two weeks matter? Even if the flight was more than two weeks earlier, would the flight date matter, or just the date (presumably some time in the future) that the miles post?
AFAIK, it would matter. The challenge has to be in place by the time posting is done, because the points are posted to the challenge program as part of that process, but there is also a screen there to make sure that the flight was within the dates of your challenge.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by gemac
AFAIK, it would matter. The challenge has to be in place by the time posting is done, because the points are posted to the challenge program as part of that process, but there is also a screen there to make sure that the flight was within the dates of your challenge.
Well then, I guess I now know what happens when I AssUMe anything. . .
Old Mar 25, 2007, 6:42 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Originally Posted by millions
Also, we're flying from SFO-ORD-DUB. It seems this is not ideal as we'll hit the 10k mark on the flight from ORD back to SFO, giving less benefit of the 100% bonus. Am I right that I will only get the bonus on that segment, and not the entire one-way from DUB to SFO (unless I do somehow pick up 1000 q-points before the Ireland trip).
As you said you are flying in August. Make absolutly sure that your challenge begins in the second half, not before the big middle of July date.

You should defenetly check in for a short trip from SFO / SJC to somewhere close after that date before you flight to hit the the long run witht the plat doubeling, which I think is quite qorth it.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by nixande
Make absolutly sure that your challenge begins in the second half, not before the big middle of July date.
Perhaps you meant to say "not before the big middle of June date"?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by ldpeters
I called the nice AAdvantage folks. The first CSR I spoke with saw my challenge dated mid-Dec, added up my Q-Points, and put me on hold. Ten minutes later, I was Gold.

I was unaware of the post/fly distinction before reading this thread. Maybe I got lucky?
Yes you got lucky. CS reps are able to do just about anything, even if it's technically bending/breaking the rules. There are stories here on FT of pretty much every rule in the book having been bent/broken by an AA employee for a person.

Mine went through automatically via the computer, thus it followed the rules.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.