Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing In Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing In Kentucky

AA1354 EWR-DFW diverts with smoke in cabin.

Lands safely.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3_FORTUNE5.htm
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
AA1354 EWR-DFW diverts with smoke in cabin.

Lands safely.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3_FORTUNE5.htm
Good thing this was not a B6. B6 management would have wanted to keep the airplane on the tarmac at Louisville for hours while they decided what to do.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:56 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by zman
Good thing this was not a B6. B6 management would have wanted to keep the airplane on the tarmac at Louisville for hours while they decided what to do.
Really this was an uncalled for statement. Especially since AA clearly has no room to speak with their December debacle in Austin. And we still haven't seen any nationwide apology in daily newspapers, global e-mails like B6 did for JFK incident, nor a worthwhile customer service plane from AA to address the issue going forward like B6 has just done.

A few years ago, I had 3 weeks in a row where I was stuck no less than 3 hours on the plane out on the tarmac. Not once. Not twice. But 3 weeks in a row. I got nothing from AA for it.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Really this was an uncalled for statement. Especially since AA clearly has no room to speak with their December debacle in Austin. And we still haven't seen any nationwide apology in daily newspapers, global e-mails like B6 did for JFK incident, nor a worthwhile customer service plane from AA to address the issue going forward like B6 has just done.

A few years ago, I had 3 weeks in a row where I was stuck no less than 3 hours on the plane out on the tarmac. Not once. Not twice. But 3 weeks in a row. I got nothing from AA for it.
Didn't B6 also apply the plan retroactively?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:38 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by mvoight
Didn't B6 also apply the plan retroactively?
Actually, they did and I stand corrected.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 1:02 am

Programs: BA
And we still haven't seen any nationwide apology in daily newspapers, global e-mails like B6 did for JFK incident, nor a worthwhile customer service plane from AA to address the issue going forward like B6 has just done.
That's because stranding a couple of dozen schmoes on the tarmac in AUS isn't going to bankrupt AA; if B6 pisses off that many customers again, it's done for.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:06 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Were you EXP then?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cingmot
That's because stranding a couple of dozen schmoes on the tarmac in AUS isn't going to bankrupt AA; if B6 pisses off that many customers again, it's done for.
Which airline do you believe had better customer service rankings before these events..... Do you not think B6 is better in the customer service area?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It would have been a little interesting, as B6 has no presence at SDF and would have had to negotiate the use of a gate from one of the other carriers there, or deplane pax via stairs and then re-board them via stairs too.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by Spiff
It would have been a little interesting, as B6 has no presence at SDF and would have had to negotiate the use of a gate from one of the other carriers there, or deplane pax via stairs and then re-board them via stairs too.
It was an AA flight - thread got off the rails after the second post
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by obsyow
It was an AA flight - thread got off the rails after the second post
Yes, I know that, thank you.

There has been some hypothetical discussion of what would have happened if it had been a jetBlue (B6) flight instead...
Old Feb 25, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by Spiff
Yes, I know that, thank you.

There has been some hypothetical discussion of what would have happened if it had been a jetBlue (B6) flight instead...
Check. Sorry about that - I had a different intepretation on the B6 reference

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.