Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another e.g of "No"- call back "Yes"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by ParsleyMay
Just because it's old news to you, it doesn't mean it's not helpful to someone else.
I don't believe anyone's disputing the helpfulness of the advice. The question is do we need a new thread spouting the advice everyone time someone verifies it is indeed valuable. If not every time, then how often? Once a month, once a week, daily?

FWIW this advice, aka the "FT Mantra", is not unique to the AA forum. It's been repeated -frequently - in every FT forum I have read. I honestly don't know how anyone who has spent any time here at all could have missed it. But apparently it's possible.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Yes, but if you post here and get a response you don't like, should you repost until you get one you do?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by trm2
Yes, but if you post here and get a response you don't like, should you repost until you get one you do?
I wonder if AA agents are so advising callers who mention FT.
Turnabout's fair play, right?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:43 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by trm2
^
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I don't believe anyone's disputing the helpfulness of the advice. The question is do we need a new thread spouting the advice everyone time someone verifies it is indeed valuable. If not every time, then how often? Once a month, once a week, daily?

FWIW this advice, aka the "FT Mantra", is not unique to the AA forum. It's been repeated -frequently - in every FT forum I have read. I honestly don't know how anyone who has spent any time here at all could have missed it. But apparently it's possible.
I think the % of truly new/unique posts/threads on FT and specifically on this forum is probably in the vicinity of 10%. So if newness/uniqueness was the criteria, this would be a far smaller/shorter forum - YMMV as to whether you think that good or bad.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:33 pm

Agreed on all counts, alect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.