Search

What happens if I misconnect at LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCFLYGUY
Coming out of F, you should be first out the gate to FCC, and have a BA F ticket to get through premium security - did an AA to BA connection in LHR in like 30 minutes on Sunday
This is if there are none of the weather-related delays that the OP mentioned. A one hour delay, for example (not unreasonable) just about kills the connection. If given the full 85 minutes, this can be done at a leisurely pace . Similarly, I was in the CX lounge in T3 less than 30 minutes from being on the parked BA inbound in T1. And this didn't even require the FastTrack line at the FCC as there was no one there...at all...in any line.

Cheers.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mesadler
I've got an 85 minute connection to BA, complete with terminal change at LHR, coming from Boston where there's a very distinct possibility of snow-related delays.

If I misconnect to what is the last flight of the day to my destination, what's the procedure? It's a OW180F and I'm flying in on AA connecting to BA.
It can depend on where you are when the weather-related delay happens.

If you are still on the ground (even if on the plane!) in Boston, you could try calling AA from your cell right then and find out what's happening.

If the delay happens after you leave the ground, then AA might change your schedule for you while you're still in the air! But the problem is they've probably handed you a boarding pass in BOS for the second leg, and now that's completely wrong! The tricky part is figuring out how to straighten that out efficiently at LHR.

That happened to me last fall. I was flying LAX-LHR-HEL and the flight took longer than expected due to weather midflight, even though it departed on time, and by the time I got to LHR AA had already figured that out and rebooked me (on BA rather than AY), but no one told me that until after I stood in the wrong lines for a while. (In the FCC there's often a huge line for BA, a smaller line for BA F, and then way at the end possibly no line for AA. In my case it was totally unclear at first where I should ask because there was no separate line for AY. And I didn't even see the AA desk at the very end at first.)
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by myfrogger

There is not much you can do right now as no airline that I know of will be rebooking anyone [for free] on their hunch of a misconnect.
In this case date and time changes are free. It's a OW award, so if there is availibilty it's not a problem to change flights. Carriers and departure/destination points can't be changed.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
One thing to remember is that it is an eastbound transatlantic which given favourable winds should have a good shot of arriving early. Plus it is arriving at LHR outside of peak time so for those used to arriving at 9am it is a little more civilised at 8pm (just a little). Your aircraft will have night stopped in BOS thus meaning you won't be affected by any inbound delay, although the aircraft might therefore need de-icing assuming the weather is cold. Being in F I fancy your chances even if you are delayed 30-40 minutes leaving BOS.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K (Plt for life), KLM Plt, SAS Diamond, AA Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond for Life
With any weather related delays, don't think BA have any obligation to help you out, but they might try if they can. It would probably be useful to know all the alternatives, e.g., the later CX flight so you can suggest that as an alternative. Except for weather there shouldn't be any reason to miss the flight, plenty of time in my book.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Prytz
With any weather related delays, don't think BA have any obligation to help you out, .
If on a single ticketed itinerary, then they are required to assist on a misconnect

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.