Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-SIN in May, QF, BA, CX, or FI?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; SPG GLD; Hilton GLD
LHR-SIN in May, QF, BA, CX, or FI?

I am starting to plan a trip to southeast asia late this May. I was originally hoping to fly CX on an H fare and route through HKG, but these are running around $2K and for that price, I could fly BA WTP, though its probably more than I'm willing to pay for either.
I'm basically now looking for two things:
1) Full mileage credit
2) Preferred seating in Y, ideally Exit rows (we're both EXP)
3) Ideally not spending >$1400 on a ticket.

I've only flown QF in Longhaul Y before, so I'm not sure how the other products compare, but it seems like BA and QF are essentially the same though I'd probably slightly prefer QF for the reason that on the miniscule chance we get an op-up from a more expensive Y-fare, it would be to J.
I've looked up fare options on EF to both HKG and SIN and it seems like we could get K QF fares to HKG for $800 or H to SIN for $1200. We could grab WTP to HKG for $1500/person, which I'd be happy to do, but then we'd have the added expense of getting to SIN or beyond (we need to visit someone in SIN at some point in the trip).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Since you're not tyring to fly on AA metal, perhaps a ? for the OW list?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:22 am

This is really the wrong forum for this question.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; SPG GLD; Hilton GLD
My thinking was that because I'm looking to maximize AA EQM/EQP specifically and looking for AA Plat/EXP experiences getting preferred seats, this would be the best forum. I'll happily repost on OW.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:03 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
1126 quid including all taxes and fees in World Traveller Plus plus usual miles/points etc. Through

www.netflights.com

Last edited by UncleDude; Feb 4, 2007 at 5:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.